Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Get involved in America's fastest growing sport by joining Major League Soccer or its teams!
If you are interested in working with us at Major League Soccer, please apply for a job.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities are available within the following categories:
Vice President, Youth Soccer
- Manage & mentor a team of eight full time associates and additional part time associates.
- Represent the Youth Soccer department within the Executive Team.
- Oversee all aspects of Sporting Fields + Athletics, which encompasses two complexes and 21 soccer fields.
- Directly manage a seven – figure budget which includes revenue, expenses and contracts.
- Ability to forecast future budget needs and collaborate with Vice President of Finance.
- Oversee all Youth Soccer department relationships, including nonprofit clubs, tournament providers, equipment companies, and software providers.
- Develop and implement strategy to constantly grow our Academy Affiliate program within the Midwest and beyond.
- Oversee the youth calendar events which include clinics, coaching education sessions and market visits, equating to 100+ events per year.
- Ability to sell our programs & products and negotiate pricing and length of contracts
- Oversee all youth programs, including camps, stripes, supplemental training and residential training programs
- Ability to coach and write soccer training curriculum for various ages.
- Stay current with industry best practices within youth soccer, including MLS youth regulations and Homegrown allocated territories.
- Network with local, regional and national youth soccer organizations.
- Oversee all marketing of youth soccer events, camps and tournaments.
- Oversee three or more tournaments a year.
- Maintain direct communication with the Academy Director and technical side of the business.
- Collaborate with various internal departments.
- Represent Sporting KC in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to present in front of a group.
- Self - Motivated leader & hard worker.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Resourceful and insightful.
- Responsive and dependable.
- Analytical thinking skills.
- Practice a high level of confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Management or other related field preferred.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in an applicable role.
- USSF Coaching License of “C” or better is recommended.
- Knowledge of local soccer community.
- Knowledge of Academy Affiliate program and the Sporting Club Network.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to fifty (50) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Must attend all home games
How did you hear about this job?
(YES/NO) Do you have access to reliable transportation?
(YES/NO) Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary?
(YES/NO) Do you have experience coaching soccer at the youth or collegiate level?