Staff Coach, Sporting City West with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City · KS
Sporting City West is seeking multiple motivated and committed youth soccer coaches to join the clubs coaching staff. Sporting City West staff coaches will be expected to create a positive yet challenging environment for players to develop their technical skills, tactical understanding, and physical performance, while also focusing on each player’s personal development within the team. These are part-time positions that will directly report to the Director of Coaching, Sporting City West.
Sporting City West staff coaches will be key contributors to the club while ensuring all work is consistent with the Sporting KC brand purpose: “We create memories through personalized experiences with our Club.”
Sporting Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and equity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all Staff coaches. All Staff coaches are expected to positively collaborate with individuals of diverse backgrounds. We encourage all talented individuals looking for a challenge to apply.
About the Club:
Sporting City West is a new competitive youth soccer club based in West Olathe, Lenexa, and Shawnee, Kansas for U8 (2013) – U12 (2010) boys and girls that will begin competition in fall 2021, with team tryouts in June 2021. Sporting City West will be committed to providing its members with a professional managed club focusing on a player development model that inspires each player to reach their full potential both on and off the field. To learn more about the club, please visit www.sportingcw.com .
- Design and execute training sessions.
- Lead team(s) on game-days and support other staff coaches during their team’s games.
- Review and reflect on training sessions and games (video reviews).
- Facilitate and support individual player development plans.
- Participate in strategic discussions regarding player identification, playing philosophy, and club culture.
- Aid in player assessment and player integration.
- Deliver player development and team training programs.
- Assist with organizing and administering annual player tryouts.
- Attend weekly practices and weekend games for assigned team(s)
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned or earned based on candidate’s qualities, experience, and career goals.
- Be responsive to all communication (emails, phone calls, etc.) and maintain response-time expectations set by the Director of Coaching.
- Must be a positive role model both on and off the field.
- Passion for coaching and developing youth players.
- Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills; able to resolve conflict in a professional manner at the team level.
- Effective leadership skills, excellent organizational and time management skills for assigned team(s).
- Strong public speaking skills: ability to speak to players and parents to help promote the club’s vision and objectives.
- Self-motivated with eagerness to grow and develop.
- Highest level of integrity and respect for all.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Passionate about player development.
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and attentive.
- USSF “D” Coaching License or higher preferred
- USSF Grassroots licenses.
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in a youth soccer coaching position preferred.
- Ability to physically demonstrate soccer skills and possess overall knowledge of soccer tactics.
- Applicants must be a US Citizen or currently have legal rights to work in the United States.
- Required to sit, stand, and walk.
- Use hands operate and feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five (25) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours and game days, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as necessary.
Do you have a current USSF "D" Coaching License or higher?
Do you have a current USSF Grassroots License?
Do you have a minimum of two (2) years' experience in a youth soccer coaching position?
Why do you want to join Sporting City West?