Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Stadium General Manager & Vice President with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City · MO
The Stadium General Manager will provide overall administrative planning, direction, and policies to operation’s staff, assuring the highest quality service for soccer games and events. This position will also ensure an effective, high quality and cost-efficient outcome for all events and overall stadium operations.
- Responsible for all elements and personnel associated with the operations of events and activities taking place at Children’s Mercy Park, Pinnacle National Development Center, Wyandotte Soccer Complex and Swope Park Soccer Complex.
- Develops and manages the budget and staff for Stadium Operations.
- Manages operations and maintenance of the stadium and all systems.
- Negotiates, administers and manages contracts with outside vendors and labor groups.
- Leads communicating event information to the appropriate departments and staff.
- Manages custodial services for entire facility.
- Manages the operation of event set-up and tear-down, i.e. stage risers, chairs, signs, etc.
- Assists as liaison with the local authorities for numerous facility related functions (City Codes, Parking, Licenses, Permits, etc.).
- Responsible for Health & Safety compliance.
- Plan, develop and lead large-scale events such as Sporting Kansas City matches, concerts and third-party events held on stadium grounds through effective communication and planning with both internal and external resources, partners and vendors.
- Assist in the process of vetting and bidding for potential future events.
- Manage the workload and development of associates on the Operations Team, ensuring consistent practices across all events.
- Collaborate with Team Leads to ensure a high level of communication well in advance of events.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the annual Operations Team budget.
- Consistently inspect the facilities for anything that could potentially be unsafe or cause a problem.
- Stay current with industry best practices and recommend modifications to operational plans based on feasibility.
- Maintain a high operational efficiency while always working to further enhance the overall fan experience.
- Utilize company resources to plan and direct appropriate training programs to all associates, as needed.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Conduct pre-game walk thru of the stadium to ensure a safe, pristine environment for fans and associates.
- Oversee execution of all gameday events at Children’s Mercy Park.
- Oversee the teams including housekeeping, fan services, security, ticketing, parking and game day staffs.
- Club leader for operations with MLS, visiting teams, Sporting KC
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Evidence of the practice of high-level confidentiality.
- Exceptional time management.
- Independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
- Ability to coordinate and lead multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy. Strong teamwork aptitude required.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive, confidential situations and information.
- Thrive working in a team environment.
- Self-motivated and goal-driven.
- Professional appearance and attitude, as well as ability to work with others.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent venue experience preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of increasing event operations responsibility in a stadium or public assembly facility, including leadership responsibility.
- Experience working in a stadium atmosphere for various types of events and layouts including soccer, concerts, football, etc. required.
- Prior budgetary oversight for operational, event settlement and payroll expenses required.
- Must possess or be eligible to obtain certificates of completion in ICS 100, 200 and 700.
- Proficiency in ISS 24/7 Incident Management System preferred.
- Experience analyzing stadium event budgets for the bidding process required.
- Trained in Crowd Management.
- Possession of ability to obtain a current AED/CPR/First Aid Certificate.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five (25) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Associate will be required to travel.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours and game days, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have access to reliable personal transportation?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary?
Why do you want to join Sporting Kansas City?
Describe why you are the best candidate for this position.
Do you have experience managing or leading the Operations of a Sports or Entertainment Venue?