Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Sports Performance Fellowship - 2020 Season with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City · MO
- Performs as a developing strength and conditioning coach in the team environment.
- Will assist in SKC DA team warm-ups, conditioning session, cool downs and weight room sessions with have the opportunity to lead, if they demonstrate the aptitude to do so.
- Works under the direction and supervision of the Sporting KC medical/performance staff; he or she reports directly to the Director of Sports Performance.
- Helps maintain a complete up to date roster of player health and participation records.
- Assists in the download analysis of StatSports GPS for SKC Development Academy.
- Helps keep weight room clean, organized, and safe.
- Assists in coverage of Sporting KC, Swope Park, and Sporting KC Academy games as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Some travel may be assigned as required.
- Represents Sporting Kansas City in a professional manner at all times.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Possess a strong work ethic.
- Must be punctual and accountable every day.
- Must be trustworthy and have a positive attitude.
- Ability to work well within the group environment.
- The ability to multitask and complete multiple jobs at once.
- The ability to remain calm during stressful or complicated situations.
- Willingness to learn from a wide variety of medical professionals.
- Demonstrate ability to relate effectively with individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds and project a professional attitude.
- Proactive and able to function independently.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, have attention to detail, show initiative, and possess leadership characteristics .
- Ability to communicate with medical, performance, technical, equipment, and administration staff.
- Requires weekend and holiday work, 40+ hours/week, and exposure to all kinds of weather.
- A work history of regular attendance and positive performance evaluation.
- Proficiency in Spanish and coverage of soccer is a plus.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in related field required.
- First Aid and CPR required.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach (CSCS) preferred but not required.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary?
Why are you the best candidate for this fellowship opporunity?
Why do you want to join Sporting Kansas City?
Do you have access to reliable transportation?
Are you a Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach (CSCS)?
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter, resume, and reference list to Joey Harty at email@example.com. Have you completed this step?