Retail Associate, Children's Mercy Park - Sporting Kansas City (Kansas City · KS)
The Retail Associate is responsible for helping create a guest-focused shopping experience at Sporting Kansas City and Kansas City Current home matches at Children’s Mercy Park.
- Pay starting at $16.00 per hour.
- Eligible for performance increases each Major League Soccer season you return.
- $100 referral bonus if you refer an associate that works at least 2 matches.
- 20% retail discount on merchandise.
- Free meal provided on matchdays.
- End of season Experience Celebration party at Children’s Mercy Park.
- Sporting KC Merchandise giveaways at each home match.
- Create an engaging experience for all customers by immediately greeting guests and confidently relaying product knowledge by demonstrating product features and benefits.
- Customize jerseys offering a personalized and unique retail experience for guests.
- Continue to deliver remarkable customer service and invite guests to come back again.
- Ask open ended questions to connect with guests.
- Enhance the guest experience through offering additional items that meet the guest’s needs, ultimately driving sales and increasing revenue.
- Accurately transact with guests.
- Embody a guest first mindset.
- Uphold all store policies and procedures.
- Execute all operational processes effectively.
- Ensure the store environment is convenient for guests.
- Maintain stores to meet Sporting Kansas City and Kansas City Current brand standards.
- Demonstrate values and behaviors consistent with the Sporting Kansas City culture.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and the Kansas City Current and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Friendly and welcoming demeanor.
- Outgoing personality.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
- Passionate about fashion and soccer in Kansas City.
- Team oriented.
- Professional and stylish appearance.
- Prior experience in a retail specialist role, preferably in the sports industry.
- Demonstrated fashion and style frame of mind.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Required to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five (25) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles, as well as toxic and caustic chemicals.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship or VISA?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed to perform the responsibilities of the role?
If offered the position, what are your compensation requirements?