We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
The Production Manager, Marketing for Sporting Kansas City is the organizational core of the marketing and creative team. They drive in-house and external partners toward success with thoughtful process building and detailed organization while leveraging knowledge of the content creation process. This role will manage cross-functional workflows, communicate with internal and external partners, organize meetings, and keep all relevant associates informed on the progress of projects.
This role is a key contributor to the Sporting marketing department and enterprise at large in ensuring all work is consistent with the Sporting KC brand purpose: “We create memories through personalized experiences with our Club.”
Sporting Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and equity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all associates. We encourage all talented individuals looking for a challenge to apply.
- Collaborate with all Sporting KC departments to understand creative needs and set plans for design and execution
- Work in lockstep with the Senior Director, Brand as well as the Creative and Video leads to grow our multifaceted content production, roll out new brand developments and drive campaign work.
- Manage the creative request/project intake and project management processes
- Maintain detailed project plans to reflect the status of all active projects
- Manage the creative project timelines and marketing department calendar.
- Manage the successful execution of day-to-day activities on a variety of creative, video and design projects across multiple departments.
- Brainstorm creative ways to captivate the Sporting KC fan base, as well as create new fans.
- Complete all projects on time, within budget, and on strategy.
- Act as an advocate for impactful creative and content across the organization
- Review all proofs for accuracy for final production.
- Maintain current and forge new relationships with outside companies to ensure all designs are printed and packaged in a timely and efficient manner.
- Attending staff and client meetings.
- Plan, strategize, trouble-shoot and review needs and solutions for a wide range of projects.
- Work collegially with staff and clients in a team environment.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Ability to coordinate and lead multiple tasks and projects.
- Strong time management and the ability to multi-task within a fast-paced environment.
- Deep understanding of creative process
- Intuitive and thoughtful collaborator
- Creative and artistic mindset.
- Strong attention to detail and drive for perfection
- Comfortable handling a demanding workload and a high level of responsibility.
- Professional appearance and attitude, as well as ability to work with others.
Match Day Responsibilities
Associate will be required to work all Sporting Kansas City matchdays in a marketing/creative role
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in complex project management
- Agency experience preferred
- Experience in a client-facing role preferred.
- Expertise in project management software
- Expert in file organization and file management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Calendar.
- Ability to handle creative files, making minor adjustments and exports a plus
- Basic Adobe Creative Cloud experience a plus
- Spanish fluency a plus, but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Required to sit, stand, and walk.
- Use hands to operate and feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five (25) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours and game days, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary.