Parking Associate - Sporting Kansas City (Kansas City · KS)
The Parking Associate for Sporting Kansas City ensures that guest parking areas are flowing safely and efficiently. In addition, the Parking Associate assists guests with locating specific entrances and amenities of Children’s Mercy Park, providing pertinent event information.
The position is to be a key contributor to the Operations Team while ensuring all work is consistent with the Sporting KC brand purpose: “We create memories through personalized experiences with our Club.”
- Pay starting at $16.00 per hour.
- Eligible for performance increases each Major League Soccer season you return.
- $100 referral bonus if you refer an associate that works at least 2 matches.
- 20% retail discount on merchandise.
- Free meal provided on matchdays.
- End of season Experience Celebration party at Children’s Mercy Park.
- Sporting KC Merchandise giveaways at each home match.
- Parking Associates have the opportunity to work eighteen (18) Sporting KC home matchdays, as well as fifteen (15) home matches for the KC Current of the NWSL.
- Greet guests as they enter parking lots for events at Children’s Mercy Park and all Sporting Club venues.
- Efficiently and quickly direct guests’ vehicles into proper parking lots, roadways and other areas during and after any Sporting Club Event.
- Check out necessary equipment such as flags, flashlights, etc. in order to perform key tasks
- Assist guests with inquiries about Children’s Mercy Park, the surrounding parking facilities and the event in a courteous manner
- Enforce tailgating and general parking policies with guests
- Control traffic in designated areas as needed
- Provide directional support to parking guests prior to, during and after an event, etc.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times
- Report any known accidents, observed or suspected violations of Sporting Kansas City policy, safety hazards or any unusual occurrence to Parking Leader and / or Parking Captain
- Perform other related tasks as assigned
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Friendly, welcoming and professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent customer service skills and public speaking ability.
- Passion to ensure positive experiences and ability to turn tragic moments into magic moments.
- Strong attention to detail and precision.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Crowd and traffic control abilities.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
- Previous experience working in a public event venue or in a customer service role preferred.
- Basic technology skills.
- Reliable transportation.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Required to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five (25) pounds if necessary.
- Ability to work in various extreme outdoor weather conditions, including exposure to the sun and heat.
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship or VISA?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed to perform the responsibilities of the role?
If offered the position, what are your compensation requirements?