Operations Internship, Sporting Fields + Athletics - Spring 2022 - Sporting Kansas City (Kansas City · KS)
The position is to be a key contributor to the Sporting Fields + Athletics Team while ensuring all work is consistent with the Sporting KC brand purpose: “We create memories through personalized experiences with our Club.”
Sporting Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and equity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all associates. All associates are expected to positively collaborate with individuals of diverse backgrounds. We encourage all talented individuals looking for a challenge to apply.
- Ensure facility is operating according to the mission, vision, and values of Sporting Kansas City.
- Act as an additional point of contact for all special events.
- Provide facility and operational support for MLS, MLS II, and Academy teams across their respective leagues.
- Responsible for helping with venue set up, breakdown, and maintenance.
- Plan, create, and execute special projects with Operations Coordinators & Manager.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City in a professional manner.
- Various Kansas City sports and business site visits, and Q&A opportunities with industry leaders.
- Major League Soccer gameday experiences.
- Shadowing opportunities tailored to your career path.
- Resume reviews.
- Individualized unique project assignments.
- Training and certification opportunities.
- Experiences with a variety of different sports.
- Must pay attention to detail.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Able to react quickly.
- Be innovative and creative.
- Able to lift items daily above 25lb, and occasionally +75lbs.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling, and pushing.
- Capable of working in all weather conditions including exposure to the elements.
- Will be working in a loud environment.
- Began as Marketing Intern in Winter of 2017; promoted to full-time Sporting Fields + Athletics Operations Coordinator in Summer 2018; currently Competitions Coordinator as of Winter 2018.
- Began as Operations Intern in Spring of 2018; promoted to part-time Sporting Fields + Athletics Operations Specialist in Summer 2018.
- Began as Operations Intern in Fall of 2018; promoted to part-time Sporting Fields + Athletics Operations Specialist in Winter of 2019.
- Began as Youth Soccer Intern in Fall of 2015; promoted to full-time Sporting Fields + Athletics Operations Coordinator in Spring 2016; currently Senior Director Youth Soccer Business Development as of Winter 2018.
- Began as Youth Soccer Intern in Spring 2019; promoted to part-time Sporting Fields + Athletics Operations Specialist in June 2019.
- Began as Operations Intern in Fall of 2020; promoted to Sporting Fields + Athletics Operations Specialist in Spring 2021.
This is an unpaid, educational internship that requires college or university credit be earned during the duration. Do you meet this criteria?
Do you have access to reliable transportation?
Why do you want to intern with Sporting Fields + Athletics?