Operations Internship, Sporting Fields + Athletics - Spring 2021 with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City · KS
The Sporting Fields + Athletics Operations Intern will assist in orchestrating event logistics primarily at Swope Soccer Village and Compass Minerals Sporting Fields, as well as other Sporting Kansas City properties: Compass Minerals Performance Center and Children’s Mercy Park. This individual will aid in planning and executing special events in addition to maintaining and operating our world-class multi-sport facilities. Join Sporting Fields + Athletics and become part of the fastest growing league in the US!
- Ensure facility is operating according to the mission, vision, and values of Sporting Kansas City.
- Act as an additional point of contact for all special events.
- Provide facility and operational support for MLS, MLS II, and Developmental Academy teams across their respective leagues.
- Responsible for helping with venue set up, breakdown, and maintenance.
- Plan, create, and execute special projects with Operations Coordinators & Manager.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City in a professional manner.
- Various Kansas City sports and business site visits, and Q&A opportunities with industry leaders.
- Major League Soccer gameday experiences.
- Shadowing opportunities tailored to your career path.
- Resume reviews.
- Individualized unique project assignments.
- Training and certification opportunities.
- Experiences with a variety of different sports.
- Must pay attention to detail.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Able to react quickly.
- Be innovative and creative.
- Able to lift items daily above 25lb, and occasionally 75+lbs.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling, and pushing.
- Capable of working in all weather conditions including exposure to the elements.
- Will be working in a loud environment.
Sporting Fields + Athletics Internship Success Stories
- Began as Marketing Intern in Winter of 2017, promoted to full-time Sporting Fields + Athletics Operations Coordinator in Summer 2018, currently Competitions Coordinator as of Winter 2018.
- Began as Operations Intern in Spring of 2018, promoted to part-time Sporting Fields + Athletics Operations Specialist in Summer 2018.
- Began as Operations Intern in Fall of 2018, promoted to part-time Sporting Fields + Athletics Operations Specialist in Winter of 2019.
- Began as Youth Soccer Intern in Fall of 2015, promoted to full-time Sporting Fields + Athletics Operations Coordinator in Spring 2016, currently Youth Soccer Business Development as of Winter 2018.
- Began as Youth Soccer Intern in Spring 2019, promoted to part-time Sporting Fields + Athletics Operations Specialist in June 2019.
- Began as Operations Intern in Summer of 2018, promoted to Sporting Fields + Athletics Operations Specialist in January 2020.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
This is an unpaid, educational internship that requires college or university credit be earned during the duration. Do you meet this criteria?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary?
Do you have access to reliable transportation?
Why are you the best candidate for this internship?
Why do you want to intern with Sporting Fields + Athletics?