Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Operations Intern - Summer 2020, Sporting Fields + Athletics with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City · KS
- Ensure facility is operating according to the mission, vision and values of Sporting KC.
- Act as an additional point of contact for all special events (National/Regional Events, Lacrosse, Rugby, Frisbee and Soccer Tournaments/Leagues).
- Work with visiting MLS, MLS II, USL and SKC Development Academy teams.
- Responsible for helping with facility set up, breakdown, and maintenance.
- Plan, create, and execute special projects with Operations Coordinator/Facilities Manager.
- Represent Sporting KC in a professional manner.
- Various Kansas City sport and business site visits, and Q&A opportunities with industry leaders
- Major League Soccer gameday experiences
- Shadowing opportunities tailored to your career path
- Full access to LinkedIn Learning training and webinars
- Must pay attention to detail.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Able to react quickly.
- Be innovative and creative.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Able to lift items daily above 25lb, and occasionally +75lbs.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Capable of working in all weather conditions including exposure to the elements.
- Will be working in a loud environment.
- Began as Marketing Intern in Winter of 2017, promoted to full-time Sporting Fields + Athletics Operations Coordinator in Summer 2018, currently Competitions Coordinator as of Winter 2018.
- Began as Operations Intern in Summer of 2018, promoted to Sporting Fields + Athletics Facility Specialist as of Fall 2018.
- Began as Youth Soccer Intern in Fall of 2015, promoted to full-time Sporting Fields + Athletics Operations Coordinator in Spring 2016, currently Youth Soccer Business Development as of Winter 2018.
- Began as Youth Soccer Intern in Spring 2019, promoted to part-time Sporting Fields + Athletics Operations Specialist in June 2019.
- Began as Operations Intern in Summer of 2018, promoted to Sporting Fields + Athletics Operations Specialist in January 2020.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
This is an unpaid, educational internship that requires college or university credit be earned during the duration. Do you meet this criteria?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary?
Do you have access to reliable transportation?
Why are you the best candidate for this internship?
Why do you want to intern with Sporting Fields + Athletics?