Operations Coordinator - Sporting Kansas City (Kansas City · KS)
- Ensure that Children’s Mercy Park is operating according to the mission, vision and values of Sporting KC.
- Manage preparation of facilities for both internal and external events.
- Plan, coordinate and manage assigned events from start to finish; including event set-up, production and breakdown.
- Serve as an Operations lead for City Foods & Events, Sporting Kansas City’s special events arm.
- Assist Operations team with ongoing projects including: general maintenance activities, capital planning and improvements.
- Communicate facility policy and detailed event information to staff including: fan services, contracted security and vendors.
- Consistently inspect the facilities for anything that could potentially be unsafe or deficient.
- Facilitate the shipping & receiving of supplies and equipment at Sporting Kansas City facilities.
- Provide operational support to the building maintenance and housekeeping teams as needed.
- Attend all Sporting Kansas City home games, as well as non-soccer related events.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Full-time associates act as representatives of Sporting Kansas City at all home matches, engaging with guests and working to create Magic Moments for all fans.
- Attendance required at all Sporting KC home matches and major events.
- Organize, execute and participate in match day activities as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Professional appearance and attitude, as well as a friendly personality with excellent customer service skills.
- Exceptional time management.
- Leadership and motivational skills.
- Excel working in a team environment.
- Analytical and critical thinking ability.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sport Management, Hospitality or other related field.
- Minimum of (1) one year of experience in Event Operations and/or Facility Management.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with the general public and/or sports industry experience preferred.
- Ability to operate facility equipment (scissor lift, forklift, etc. - training and certification provided).
- Must be able to fluently speak, read, and write the English language.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to fifty  lbs.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship or VISA?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed to perform the responsibilities of the role?