The Match Presentation intern is to be a key contributor to the fan development team while ensuring all work is consistent with the Sporting KC brand purpose: “We create memories through personalized experiences with our Club.”
Sporting Kansas City internships allow students or recent graduates to hold a temporary position within the organization, with emphasis on training and gathering practical experience in their field of specialization by doing a variety of tasks as assigned by their Team Lead. The Intern will gain valuable experience working with the Marketing Team, collaborating in an environment full of learning opportunities designed to help all interns evolve their capabilities, challenge their strengths, and reach their fullest potential.
Sporting Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and equity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all associates. All associates are expected to positively collaborate with individuals of diverse backgrounds. We encourage all talented individuals looking for a challenge to apply.
- Assist the Marketing Team with match day activities, as needed. Including but not limited to opportunities like overseeing and executing Mazuma Plaza activations, manage entertainment like DJ and in-stadium host, run through with National Anthem singer and Honor Guard and running promotions.
- Attend and participate in event planning meetings, as needed.
- Load in and create assets for matches
- Organize and communicate with match presentation individuals like National Anthem singer and Military honoree
- Attend all Sporting Kansas City home games, as well as non-soccer related events.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
Match Day Responsibilities
- Full-time associates act as representatives of Sporting Kansas City at all home matches, engaging with guests and working to create Magic Moments for all fans.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Exceptional attention to detail, and talent for accuracy and precision.
- Professional appearance and attitude, as well as the ability to work with others.
Skills and Experience
- Must be able to fluently speak, read, and write the English language.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- Game presentation experience, stage managing.
- Control room experience, Xpression and Shoflo knowledge is a plus
- Editing experience with Premiere Pro is a plus
- Organizing work effectively, conceptualizing and prioritizing objectives and exercising independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Critical and analytical thinking processes
- Working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and a drive for perfection
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.