Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Marketing & Fan Development Intern - Fall 2019 with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City, MO
- Represent Sporting Kansas City, Children’s Mercy Park and other affiliates and partners at events in the community year-round.
- Set up, take down and transport the various elements of related to activation.
- Engage fans by developing a rapport in a short time through natural dialogue.
- Market Sporting Kansas City during events throughout Kansas City and its surrounding communities.
- Create and update the database for all leads collected during events.
- Responsible for executing grassroots marketing promotions throughout the Kansas City area at community events, festivals, parades, concerts, away game viewing parties at No Other Pub, etc.
- Partake in game day duties including, but not limited to, assisting the Marketing Team in pre-game and halftime activities.
- Responsible for the club’s lead capture efforts including collection, distribution and database maintenance.
- Attend and participate in monthly meetings.
- Perform essential functions with confidence.
- Responsible for managing crowds, as necessary.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Able to work both in teams and independently
- Charismatic, outgoing and vibrant personality.
- Knowledgeable and innovative with strong problem-solving skills.
- Team oriented.
- Ability to perform multifaceted projects in conjunction with daily activities.
- Professional appearance, demeanor and approach.
- Strong passion for Sporting Kansas City, the MLS, International Soccer and the Kansas City market.
- Motivated self-starter.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Marketing, Communications, Fashion, Merchandising, Public Relations, Event Planning, or other related field required, with the ability to receive college credit.
- Prior experience with event production, promotions and/or game presentation preferred.
- Highly involved with college campus organizations and events.
- Proven leadership abilities and skills.
- Strong knowledge of the Kansas City market.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Bilingual speaking abilities preferred.
- Web or HTML experience preferred.
- Strong cloud-based document sharing skills.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- Must have personal computer and access to the Internet.
- Required to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to fifty (50) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Will be working in various outdoor weather conditions, including frequent exposure to the sun and heat.
- Will be required to do light traveling around the Kansas City area.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
How did you hear about this job?
This is an unpaid, educational internship opportunity. Are you able to receive college/university credit if selected for this internship position?
Do you have access to reliable transportation?
Aere you able to work non-traditional work hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary?
Why are you the best candidate for this internship?
Why do you want to join Sporting Kansas City?
What is your strongest leadership trait?