Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Sporting Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
Marketing: Game Operations/Presentation
Sporting Kansas City is seeking a confident, hard-working, organized and versatile individual who is interested in an opportunity to work within the marketing department of Sporting Kansas City. The Marketing Coordinator assists with trafficking, event planning and execution of day-to-day marketing initiatives.
- Support the department with trafficking, project management, promotions, marketing initiatives, fan experience and other areas of marketing and promotions.
- Oversee the Club’s Project Management System.
- Assist with managing ticket sales promotions including planning, targeting, set-up, testing and execution.
- Collaborate with the Marketing department and all internal partners to ensure all projects in the Project Management System are fulfilled and deadlines are met.
- Keep management apprised of potential barriers and work with designers and videographers on solutions.
- Define project steps, tasks and requirements to deliver quality creative products for internal partners.
- Own and manage multiple and concurrent project lifecycles.
- Play an integral role in the planning and execution of ticket sales promotional efforts, Theme Nights and special events.
- Stay current with best practices, strategies and industry standards. Offer new and innovative ideas with regularity.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City, Children’s Mercy Park and other associates at events in the community year-round.
- Assist in the planning and execution of grassroots marketing promotions throughout the Kansas City area at community events.
- Set up, take down and transport the various event activation elements.
- Provide analytics reports regarding social media platforms, Google Analytics, paid advertising and email (Salesforce) to management.
- Represent Sporting KC in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Professional appearance, demeanor and approach.
- Charismatic, outgoing and vibrant personality.
- Team-oriented problem solver.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-2 years’ experience within sports, event management or corporate marketing.
- Proven leadership abilities and skills.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledgeable, innovative and creative in an event environment.
- Prior experience with event production, promotions and/or game presentation preferred.
- Interest, experience and ability to negotiate with vendors and partners.
- Proficiency in HTML, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and CMS (Wordpress and/or Drupal) preferred.
- Strong knowledge of and passion for the Kansas City market and local community.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to fifty (50) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
GAME DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
Fulfill gameday duties including assisting with pre-game and halftime promotions and activations.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends?
Do you have access to reliable transportation?