Manager, Youth Programs - Sporting Kansas City (Kansas City · MO)
The Sporting Kansas City Manager of Youth Programs is responsible for Youth Soccer programming and projects. This individual will assist with the fulfillment of all SKC youth programs and will be tasked with creating relationships, event management, and the execution of soccer camps, clinics, Sporting Stripes, and Sporting Stars.
- Plan, market, and execute all Sporting Kansas City youth soccer programs, including, but not limited to: Camps, Clinics, Sporting Stripes (2-5y), Sporting Stars (5-8y).
- Administrative and coaching support at all youth programs. Lead in implementing overall strategy and philosophy of play for all youth programs.
- Create and maintain youth programs budget.
- Manage two full-time associates.
- Hire and manage group of 30-60 part-time coaches.
- Market and promote programs to area youth clubs, boards, and organizations.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Manage the SportsEngine registration platform.
- Assist in planning the year-long youth programs calendar by scheduling dates, securing locations, dates, and cost of programs.
- Build on existing and create new programming.
- Responsible for handling specific camp facility contracts.
- Responsible for purchasing and maintaining all equipment and retail inventory related to youth programs.
- Create and execute soccer curriculum for all programs.
- Assist with clinics requested by various internal departments.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
MATCH DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Full-time associates act as representatives of Sporting Kansas City at all home matches, engaging with guests and working to create Magic Moments for all fans.
- Support Youth Soccer initiatives and brand engagements.
- Communicate with external vendors to ensure they are aware of any special promotions or situations taking place.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset.
- Conceptualize and prioritize objectives while exercising independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently with exceptional time management.
- Passion for the game of soccer.
- Flexible and able to work in a team environment.
- Detail oriented and organized approach.
- Self-motivated and self-starter mindset with strong negotiation skills.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sports Management, Marketing or related field required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of sports and/or youth camp experience
- Strong soccer knowledge and demonstrated skills, coaching licenses and/or playing experience required.
- Capacity to adapt to the unique and vibrant Kansas City market.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to [NUMBER OF POUNDS] pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles, as well as toxic and caustic chemicals.
- Will be working near moving mechanical parts.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed?
Why do you want to join Sporting Kansas City?
Briefly describe why you are the best candidate for this position?
If offered the position, what are your compensation requirements?