Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Manager, Youth Programs
- Collaborate on camp budget.
- Sell programs to area youth clubs, boards and organizations.
- Responsible for quality control on programs.
- Provide exceptional customer service to current paying clients.
- Assist in setting the yearlong calendar by planning locations, dates and cost of programs.
- Add and create new programs when necessary
- Responsible for handling specific camp facility contracts.
- Collaborate on designing, order and manage t-shirts for all camps.
- As a team you will develop a marketing plan for the youth programs (camps) that include eblast, social media and grassroots events.
- Hire and compensate associates working at all camps, communicate responsibilities and manage gear.
- Plan and develop a curriculum for all programs (ages 6+) that is in-line with “playing the sporting way”.
- Assist and lend support to a variety of tournaments hosted by Sporting Kansas City.
- Assist with internal clinics
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Attend home SKC matches and preform duties as assigned
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently with exceptional time management.
- Remarkable leadership and motivational skills.
- Passion for the game of soccer.
- Flexible and able to work in a team environment.
- Detail oriented and organized approach.
- Self-motivated and self-starter mindset with strong negotiation skills.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sports Management, Marketing or other related field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of sports, service and youth camp experience.
- Strong soccer knowledge and demonstrated skills, coaching licenses and/or playing experience required.
- General knowledge of the Kansas City youth soccer community preferred.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to [NUMBER OF POUNDS] pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles, as well as toxic and caustic chemicals.
- Will be working near moving mechanical parts.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Attend all Sporting KC home matches.
- Assist with activation for youth soccer camps.
How did you hear about this job?
(YES/NO) Do you have access to reliable transportation?
(YES/NO) Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including nights, wekkends and holidays as necessary?
Do you have experience with Youth Soccer Camps? If so, what is your experience?