Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Manager, Suite Sales
Sporting Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
Ticket Sales and Services: Premium/Suite Sales
***All interested applicants must apply through the following link:
Sporting Kansas City’s Manager of Suite Sales is responsible for the selling, servicing and retention of contractual, partial, and single match suites for both Sporting Kansas City and non-soccer related events that are associated with the organization.
- Proactively prospect and sell multi-year, partial-year, and single-match suites.
- Fulfill suite holder requests and questions via email, phone, and face-to-face interaction, as well as administer invoicing and payment processes.
- Build all suite holder agreements and corresponding invoices, including providing updates to contracts, account information and invoices as needed.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for suites, as well as serve as the liaison between the Services Team and other teams within Sporting Kansas City.
- Enhance relationships with new and existing suite and club holders to create new sales opportunities, as well as to renew, upgrade and ensure repeat business.
- Continually create and implement unique sales and service strategies, ideas and programs as a means of increasing retention rates and new business opportunities.
- Perform all necessary informational email communications with suite holders.
- Positively contribute to the sales and service culture by developing mutually beneficial working relationships with all Sporting Kansas City associates across various Teams within the organization.
- Participate and contribute to daily and/or weekly Sales Team meetings and training sessions.
- Generate a predetermined minimum number of weekly meetings, both out of office as well as at Children’s Mercy Park, to enhance the level of customer care.
- Attend all Sporting Kansas City home games, as well as non-soccer related events.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Strong work ethic.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Ability to perform multifaceted projects in conjunction with daily activities.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strong networking ability and negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated and goal-driven mindset with a positive attitude.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sports Management, Marketing or other related field required.
- Minimum of four (4) years of professional sales and service experience, preferably in the sports industry.
- Extensive sales training, Premium Sales Account Executive experience in the sports industry preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to establish solid business relationships.
- Strong knowledge of sales strategies and service principles.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five (25) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Associate will be required to travel.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours and game days, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
GAME DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare all suites for a high-end premium experience.
- Prospect new buyers for suites and premium assets.
- Actively entertain and sell premium assets.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
How did you hear about this job?
(YES/NO) Do you have access to reliable transportation?
(YES/NO) Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as necessary?