Manager, Sporting Fields + Athletics with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City · MO
The Manager, Sporting Fields + Athletics for Sporting Kansas City will provide a safe and inviting venue, as well as provide guest experiences that are the best in Major League Soccer. Manager is responsible for overseeing and executing all activities and events at Swope Soccer Village & Compass Minerals Sporting Fields, which total 21 multi-sport fields, in addition to any future Sporting Fields + Athletics expansion. This individual must lead a team in ensuring operations are as efficient and effective as possible.
The position is to be a key contributor to the Operations Team, while ensuring all work is consistent with the Sporting KC brand purpose: “We create memories through personalized experiences with our Club.”
Sporting Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and equity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all associates. All associates are expected to positively collaborate with individuals of diverse backgrounds. All talented individuals looking for a challenge are encouraged to apply.
- Execute a strategic plan.
- Manage facility expenses and associated financial reporting.
- Ensure facility is operating according to the mission, vision and values of Sporting KC.
- Collaborate with Sporting KC leadership to implement policies and procedures for operations at all Sporting Fields + Athletics locations, as well as ensure compliance with said policies and procedures.
- Manage & prepare facilities for internal & external rentals. Including but not limited to pro team training/matches, youth sport rentals, collegiate events, etc.
- Communicate and plan effectively with both internal and external partners and/or vendors. Including but not limited to groundskeeping, concessions, cleaning, maintenance, etc.
- Participate in hiring, termination, performance and salary reviews of all subordinates.
- Perform all operational needs of Sporting Fields + Athletics facilities. This could include but is not limited to complex maintenance, equipment repair, trash and recycling, opening and closing of gates, ordering and re-stocking of supplies, etc.
- Assist with other youth soccer and stadium operations initiatives and events, as needed.
- Represent Sporting KC and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Full time associates act as representatives of Sporting Kansas City at all home matches, engaging with gusts and working to create Magic Moments for all fans.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned to help support the team.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment.
- Exceptional time management.
- Professional appearance and demeanor, as well as a friendly personality with excellent customer service skills.
- Leadership and motivational skills.
- Excel working in a team environment.
- Analytical and critical thinking ability.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent venue experience preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in operations and/or facility management.
- Proven ability to manage direct reports effectively and efficiently.
- Prior budgetary oversight experience preferred.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- Must be able to fluently speak, read, and write in the English language.
- Spanish fluency preferred, but not required.
- Required to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to one-hundred (100) pounds, if necessary.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
Why do you want to join Sporting Kansas City?
If offered the position, what are your compensation requirements to consider accepting the role?
Why are you the best candidate for this position?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holdiays as necessary?