Manager, Partnership Marketing - Sporting Kansas City (Kansas City · MO)
The position is to be a key contributor to the Corporate Partnerships team while ensuring all work is consistent with the Sporting KC brand purpose: “We create memories through personalized experiences with our Club.”
Sporting Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and equity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all associates. All associates are expected to positively collaborate with individuals of diverse backgrounds. All talented individuals looking for a challenge are encouraged to apply.
- Serve as a leader within the Corporate Partnership department.
- Work with Director to design and implement annual strategic objectives of the Partnership Marketing team.
- Serve as the day-to-day manager to assigned Associates within the Partnership Marketing team which may include Sr. Account Manager, Account Manager or Coordinators. Provide proper leadership and direction to direct reports’ renewal process as designed by the Director.
- Serve as the primary liaison between Sporting Club and assigned partnership portfolio to build and maintain a positive relationship between both parties.
- Implement, activate, and track all assigned partner assets/events to ensure all contractual obligations are being fulfilled, activated, and reported.
- Responsible for educating best activation practices as well as collecting measurement data internally and externally from partners, agencies, and MLS counterparts, if applicable, on a regular basis for case studies, recaps, etc.
- Responsible for renewing each applicable account and generating incremental organic revenue within the current partnership portfolio.
- Responsible for understanding each partner’s business cycle and objectives to leverage and utilize this knowledge to create unique, go-to market strategies each year while finding opportunities to grow revenue through upsell and renewals.
- Lead the creation, development, and optimization of partner-integrated platform(s) to drive incremental value for Sporting KC and partnerships.
- Maintain accurate reporting process, through KORE and Trak resource systems, ensuring database management is aligned both internally and externally.
- Conduct consistent touchpoints with each client to develop long-term relationships and continually find creative solutions that go above and beyond the contract to enhance the partnership experience.
- Build solid relationships with day-to-day clientele, as well as internally with all associates of Sporting Club entities.
- Prepare and update Partnership Marketing Team documents as needed, including game day partner activities spreadsheets, expense reports, account budgets, memos, letters, contracts, and spreadsheets.
- Support Sporting Kansas City’s mission, vision and purpose.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Full-time associates act as representatives of Sporting Kansas City at all home matches, engaging with guests and working to create Magic Moments for all fans.
- Meet with clients to help set up activation spaces.
- Conduct pre-game walk thru of the suites, concourse, and club spaces to ensure activation.
- Provide partner tours or escort to pre/postgame activities where needed.
- Taking photos of activations to provide as proof of performance.
- Plan and execute halftime contests, as applicable.
- Provide feedback for corporate partnership recap of each home game.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding critical thinking skills and ability to effectively address and solve industry challenges.
- Ability to seek and secure incremental revenue opportunities with current clients.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Must have high levels of discretion to handle sensitive confidential situations and information.
- Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work long hours including holidays, evenings, and weekends as the schedule demands.
- Must be able to work all home games and special events each season; some travel may be expected.
- Professional appearance and attitude, as well as the ability to work with others.
- Results-oriented, coachable mentality with ambition to succeed and grow.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Administration, Marketing, Communications, or another related field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of activation and/or relationship management experience, preferably within the sports and/or marketing industries.
- Minimum of three (3) years leadership experience of managing people.
- Minimum of two (2) years of sales experience, or history of renewing/upselling of current clients preferred.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, proofreading skills, with a strong ability to communicate ideas orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated strong teamwork aptitude and customer service skills.
- Capacity to adapt to the unique and vibrant Kansas City market.
- Must be able to fluently speak, read, and write in the English language in order to effectively communicate with partners, fans, and other Sporting Kansas City associates.
- Spanish language fluency preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands operate and feel objects, tools or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five (25) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Associate will be required to travel between Sporting Kansas City facilities within the Greater Kansas City Metropolitan Area.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours and game days, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
Why do you want to join Sporting Kansas City?
Describe why you are the best candidate for this position?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed for the role?
If offered the position, what are your compensation requirements?
Are you legally authorzied to work and be paid in the United States without company sponsorship?