Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Hospitality Management Intern with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City · KS
This is an unpaid, educational internship opportunity. The intern must be receiving college credit for their time spent interning with Sporting Kansas City.
- Focus on General Stadium and Events Set-up Duties
- Working Within Multiple Departments: Operations, Culinary, Sales & Events, Concessions, Warehouse etc.
- Learn how to execute Off Site and In-House Events Including Match Day Events (Tailgates, Game Drops): Including But Not Limited To The Following:
- Assist with placing Req For Match Day, Internal, External, Pinnacle, Three Points Events
- Coordinate Specific Event Set-Up With Operations Team, All Special Requests, Linens, Plates, Silverware, Beverage (NA And Alcohol), Follow Specifics of BEO, Follow Up With The EM To Review Any Execution Questions
- Assist with Setting-up the Space Day Prior To Event
- Learn How To Manage And Inventory Equipment + Smallwares
- Ensure Quantity And Quality
- Supervising The Purchase Of Products, Cleaning, Storage
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Self-motivating personality, eager to succeed and increase revenue.
- Demonstrate high levels of leadership, confidence and innovation.
- High stamina and ability to handle pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with exceptional time management.
- Strong networking skills.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and imaginative.
Skills and Experience
- Prior work experience in customer service environment preferred.
- An outgoing, friendly personality and excellent communication skills, strong initiative, and high-energy.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of Hospitality practices.
- Strong detail-orientation, with ability to problem-solve.
- Good time-management skills.
- A passion for sports and someone working toward an educationally focused college degree.
You may be required to lift up to 70 lbs., may be exposed to dust/dirt at the complex, and may be exposed to extreme hot and frigid cold temperatures, ability to stand and walk for extended period of time. Work Schedule will vary; nights and weekends will be required based on business needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have access to reliable personal transportation?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary?
Are you able to receive college or university credit for this internship?
Do you have any experience using inventory management software?
How many hours do you need to complete to receive college credit?
Are you able to start on or around May 26, 2020?
Why do you want to join Sporting Kansas City?
Describe why you are the best candidate for this position.