Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Food Experience Intern with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City · KS
This is an unpaid, educational internship opportunity. The intern must be receiving college credit for their time spent interning with Sporting Kansas City.
- Assist Food Experience operations during all stadium events.
- Work directly under the Food Experience management team in assisting with warehouse inventory, stocking of stands, marketing ideas and implementation, associate training, giving pre-shifts, staffing grids, welcome packets, and paperwork before each match.
- Responsible for receiving, inventorying and organizing all food and beverage orders.
- Execute basic cleaning duties which include but are not limited to; sweeping, mopping, cleaning & stocking Food Experience stands, cleaning and picking up trash.
- Assist Food Experience team with inventory, customer payments, and possible cooking duties.
- Convey and maintain a high level of professionalism at all times while providing extraordinary external and internal customer service.
- Food Experience location oversight.
- Absorb training and demonstrate the initiative, desire, and drive to help uphold the values established by Sporting KC.
- Assist with Game Day Staff / Food Experience staff management.
- Work with staff to achieve objectives effectively and efficiently while providing a once-in-a-lifetime experience for participants.
- Assist with food & beverage inventory & tracking for assigned areas.
- Assist with food & beverage re-orders.
- Assist with scheduling & payroll of concessions staff.
- Food & beverage waste management & tracking.
- Ensure food quality control.
- Assist with the quality control of stadium cleaning and maintenance, including preemptive maintenance.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Self-motivating personality, eager to succeed and increase revenue.
- Demonstrate high levels of leadership, confidence and innovation.
- High stamina and ability to handle pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with exceptional time management.
- Strong networking skills.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and imaginative.
- Prior work experience in customer service environment preferred.
- An outgoing, friendly personality and excellent communication skills, strong initiative, and high-energy
- Strong detail-orientation, with ability to problem-solve.
- Good time-management skills.
- Work Schedule will vary; nights and weekends will be required based on business needs.
- A passion for sports and people.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have access to reliable personal transportation?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary?
Are you able to receive college or university credit for this internship?
Do you have any experience using inventory management software?
How many hours do you need to complete to receive college credit?
Are you able to start on or around May 26, 2020?
Why do you want to join Sporting Kansas City?
Describe why you are the best candidate for this internship.