Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Internship - Athletic Trainer with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City, KS
- Works under the direction and supervision of the Sporting KC medical/performance staff; he or she reports directly to the Director of Sports Medicine
- Helps maintain a complete up to date roster of player health and participation records
- Maintains medical supplies inventory
- Assists in documentation and filing medical information
- Assists in packing medical bags for away trips
- Keeps the athletic training room clean, organized, and safe
- Assists in coverage of Sporting KC, Swope Park, and Sporting Academy practices/games (as required for SPR and SKCA)
- Complies with all Sporting KC, Swope Park and US Soccer medical policies and protocols
- Complies with OSHA standards with regards to blood borne pathogens
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Some travel may be assigned as required
- Represents Sporting Kansas City in a professional manner at all times
- Performs other related tasks as assigned
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Possess a strong work ethic
- Must be punctual and accountable every day
- Must be trustworthy and have a positive attitude
- Ability to work well within the group environment
- The ability to multitask and complete multiple jobs at once
- The ability to remain calm during stressful or complicated situations
- Willingness to learn from a wide variety of medical professionals
- Demonstrate ability to relate effectively with individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds and project a professional attitude
- Proactive and able to function independently
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills, have attention to detail, show initiative, and possess leadership characteristics
- Ability to communicate with medical, performance, technical, equipment, and administration staff
- Requires weekend and holiday work, 40+ hours/week, and exposure to all kinds of weather
- A work history of regular attendance and positive performance evaluation
- Proficiency in Spanish and coverage of soccer is a plus
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Athletic Training curriculum from a CAATE accredited school
- BOC Certified Athletic Trainer
- Kansas/Missouri State Athletic Training Licensure Required or Eligible
- Current Professional CPR/AED Certification
- Possess personal professional liability insurance
- Valid driver’s license /reliable transportation required
- Required to sit, stand and walk
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing
- Reach with hands and arms
- Required to talk and hear consistently
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to  pounds if necessary
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have access to reliable transportation?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary?
Do you have the required licenses & certifications as listed in the position description?
Why are you the best candidate for this position?
Why do you want to join Sporting KC?
Do you have experience working as an Athletic Trainer with any other sports teams?