Intern, Youth Soccer Programs & Competitions with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City · MO
Sporting Kansas City’s Youth Soccer Intern holds a temporary position within the company, with an emphasis on educational training and gathering practical experience in their field of specialization for a professional sports organization. The Intern will gain valuable experience working with the Youth Soccer Department, collaborating in an environment full of learning opportunities designed to help all interns evolve their capabilities, challenge their strengths, and reach their fullest potential.
- Support the Youth Development Team by gathering research for potential member organizations in the Sporting Club Network.
- Help organize, promote, and facilitate soccer clinics, tournaments, camps, coaching education, and other community-driven events.
- Assist with partner activation and fulfillment on game days and at various events.
- Assist with communication/marketing of Youth Soccer camps, leagues and other events.
- Hold coaching and/or administrative roles at Sporting Kansas City’s youth-driven events, including, but not limited to, camps and clinics.
- Assist in the fulfillment of the Sporting Club Network, Youth Soccer Tournaments and Academy Affiliate partnership programs.
- Support the Youth Development Team with the preparation, production and data collection of mid-season and end of season recap reports.
- Support any projects, initiatives and other administrative duties related to Sporting Kansas City’s Youth Soccer Department.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and the Sporting Club Network organization on game day and at other various out-of-office promotional events.
- Perform various game day duties with the Youth Soccer staff.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Self-motivating personality, eager to succeed.
- Demonstrate high levels of leadership, confidence, and innovation.
- High stamina and ability to handle pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with exceptional time management.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and imaginative.
- Strong passion for the game of soccer.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree or graduate degree in Sports Marketing and Management, Business, Communications, or other related field required.
- Previous coursework or desire to learn and understand the operations of effective youth development organizations.
- Awareness of sports industry development.
- Interest and experience in competitive sports and soccer preferred, including coaching and/or playing experience.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- Proficient in SportsEngine and/or HTG tournament/league building sites is recommended but not required.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time in relation to events.
- Required to talk and hear consistently with the Youth Soccer Department and potential clients.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five (25) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
How did you hear about this job?
This is an upaid, educational internship opportunity. Are you able to receive college or university course credit for partaking in this internship?
Do you have access to reliable transportation?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary?
Why are you the best candidate for this internship?
Why do you want to intern with Sporting Kansas City?
What is the name of the college/university you are currently attending?
What is your degree/major field of study?