Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Intern, Video Operations - Fall 2019 with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City, MO
- Enhance creativity through shooting and editing.
- Assist in producing and creating videos for multiple aspects of the organization, including social media, broadcast and in-stadium videos.
- Assist the Video Operations Team at all Sporting Kansas City home matches.
- Create and complete any video needs as requested by Team Leads on the Video Operations Team.
- Assist in troubleshooting any technical issues that may arise during a live production, managing any last minute changes efficiently and properly.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Ability to show creativity.
- Independent thinking and execution.
- Demonstrate high levels of leadership, confidence and innovation.
- Remarkable organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Passion for telling stories in sports, as well as familiarity with soccer and Sporting Kansas City.
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree or graduate degree in Broadcast, Journalism, Communications or other related field required.
- Previous coursework or desire to learn and understand all facets of production, the control room and production equipment and software.
- Experience shooting with digital cinema and broadcast-level cameras desired.
- Experience editing with Adobe Premiere Pro or equivalent software desired.
- Experience with After Effects and Photoshop desired.
- Knowledge of video formats, codecs, and their appropriate applications.
- Demonstrated desire to learn and focus on broadening his/her production skill set.
- Awareness of sports industry development.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye, including close vision and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus and the ability to distinguish colors.
- Role will be performed both indoors and outdoors in various weather conditions, including frequent exposure to the sun and heat, as well as cold or frigid temperatures.
- Must maintain emotional control under stress.
- Must be aware of the risks of electrical shock.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
(YES/NO) This is an unpaid, educational internship that requires college or university credit be earned. Are you able to meet this criteria?
(YES/NO) Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary?
(YES/NO) Do you have access to reliable transportation?