Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Intern, Photography - Spring 2020 with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City · MO
The Sporting Kansas City Photography Intern holds a temporary position within the Marketing Team, with an emphasis on educational training and gathering practical experience in their field of specialization for a professional sports organization. The Intern will gain valuable experience working with the Marketing Team, collaborating in an environment full of learning opportunities designed to help all interns evolve their capabilities, challenge their strengths, and reach their fullest potential.
- Assist SKC Creative team in providing photography assets.
- Shoot action photos of training sessions
- Shoot photos during match days and other events as needed.
- Assist with archiving and tagging of photos
- Edit photos in Photoshop/Lightroom
- Photograph fans and in-game presentation
- Maintain the Sporting Kansas City brand by studying the target markets and competitors.
- Continue to grow and expand the brand, maintaining quality and consistency amongst all entities and partners.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Self-motivating personality, eager to succeed.
- Demonstrate high levels of leadership, confidence and innovation.
- High stamina and ability to handle pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with exceptional time management.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and imaginative.
- Strong passion for the game of soccer.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree or graduate degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Business, Communications or other related field required. Must provide proof to receive credit through the internship toward the completion of a degree.
- Adobe Bridge, Photoshop and Lightroom experience.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- Organizing work effectively, conceptualizing and prioritizing objectives and exercising independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Critical and analytical thinking processes.
- Having a creative and artistic mindset.
- Photography and photo editing experience.
- Working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and a drive for perfection.
- Being passionate about the design process.
- Required to sit for long periods of time, with occasional walking.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty (20) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye, including close vision, distance vision, ability to distinguish colors, depth perception, ability to adjust focus and peripheral vision.
- While attentive to schedule flexibility, must be able to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
How did you hear about this job?
Why are you the best candidate for this internship?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary?
A portfolio of your work is required to apply. Please answer "YES" once you have emailed a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Why do you want to join Sporting KC?