Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Intern, Marketing & Fan Development with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City · MO
The Sporting Kansas City Marketing Intern program promotes Sporting Kansas City to ensure a memorable fan experience. The Marketing-Fan Development Intern assists the Marketing Team with event planning, marketing and advertising; acting as the “face” of Sporting Kansas City and strengthening the brand with a natural connection to the community.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City, Children’s Mercy Park and other associates as the Brand Ambassadors at events in the community year-round.
- Assist in the planning, preparing, and packing for match days and other activations in the community.
- Set up, take down and transport the various elements of Brand Ambassador activation elements.
- Engage fans by developing a rapport in a short time through natural dialogue.
- Market Sporting Kansas City during events throughout Kansas City and its surrounding communities.
- Responsible for the club’s lead capture efforts including collection, distribution and database maintenance.
- Responsible for executing grassroots marketing promotions throughout the Kansas City area at community events, festivals, parades, concerts, away game viewing parties at No Other Pub, etc.
- Partake in match day duties including, but not limited to, assisting the Marketing Team in pre-game and halftime activities, as needed.
- Act as our Fan Headquarters Host on match days where you will welcome fans to Children’s Mercy Park and assist them as needed.
- Responsible for managing crowds, as necessary.
- Attend and participate in monthly meetings.
- Perform essential functions with confidence.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Complete an assigned season-long project that will be presented to members of the Marketing Department at the conclusion of the internship.
- Assist with in-office projects and tasks as assigned.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Charismatic, outgoing and vibrant personality.
- Knowledgeable and innovative.
- Team oriented.
- Ability to perform multifaceted projects in conjunction with daily activities.
- Professional appearance, demeanor and approach.
- Strong passion for Sporting Kansas City, the MLS, International Soccer and the Kansas City market.
- Motivated self-starter.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Skills & Experience
- Seeking a Degree in Marketing, Communications, Fashion, Merchandising, Public Relations, Event Planning, or other related fields, with the ability to receive college credit.
- Prior experience with event production, promotions and/or game presentation preferred.
- Proven leadership abilities and skills.
- Strong knowledge of the Kansas City market.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Bilingual speaking abilities preferred.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- Must have personal computer and access to the Internet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Required to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Use hands.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to fifty (50) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Will be working in various outdoor weather conditions, including frequent exposure to the sun and heat.
- Will be required to do light traveling around the Kansas City area.
How did you hear about this job?
Describe why you are the best candidate for this internship.
Why do you want to join Sporting Kansas City?
Do you have access to reliable transportation?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary?