Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Intern, Graphic Design - Spring 2020 with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City · MO
The Sporting Kansas City Graphic Design Intern holds a temporary position within the Marketing Team, with an emphasis on educational training and gathering practical experience in their field of specialization for a professional sports organization. The Intern will gain valuable experience working with the Marketing Team, collaborating in an environment full of learning opportunities designed to help all interns evolve their capabilities, challenge their strengths, and reach their fullest potential.
- Assist the Marketing Team in graphic and web design, as well as assist in providing creative assets.
- Assist in maintaining the Sporting Kansas City online presence.
- Develop documents for business collateral and design general materials to represent Sporting Kansas City.
- Create the design for presentations, partner communications and public relations communications.
- Provide creative solutions for any visual challenges.
- Maintain the Sporting Kansas City brand by studying the target markets and competitors.
- Continue to grow and expand the brand, maintaining quality and consistency amongst all entities and partners.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Excel working in a team environment.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Deadline driven.
- Strong use of critical and analytical thinking processes.
- Creative and artistic mindset.
- Unwillingness to settle for “good enough”.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strive for perfection.
- Passionate about the design process.
- Outgoing and personable.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- College junior or senior currently enrolled in a design program at an accredited institution.
- Provide proof to receive credit through the internship toward the completion of a degree.
- Minimum G.P.A. of 3.0.
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- Provide a brief portfolio (PDF or link to on-line portfolio).
- Applications without portfolio will not be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Why do you want to join Sporting KC?
Why are you the best candidate for this internship?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary?
Applicants must submit a link to your personal portfolio of work to Cortney Park at email@example.com. Please answer "YES" to this question once you have completed that step.