Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Intern, Community Programs with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City · MO
Sporting Kansas City jobs
Sports Jobs in Kansas City · MO
The Sporting Kansas City Community Programs Intern will hold a temporary position within the company, with an emphasis on training and gathering practical experience in sports, philanthropy, marketing and sales. The Community Programs Intern will gain hands-on experience working with the Community Programs Team, collaborating in an environment full of learning opportunities designed to help all interns evolve their capabilities, challenge their strengths and reach their fullest potential.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City, The Victory Project, Sporting Wishes, Children’s Mercy Park and other affiliates and partners in the community.
- Strengthen the brand with a natural connection to the community.
- Assist in the fulfillment and distribution of autographed memorabilia and tickets to community groups.
- Market Sporting Kansas City during events throughout Kansas City and its surrounding communities.
- Assist with management of The Victory Project social media accounts, ensuring to keep accounts updated with new materials.
- Assist in the planning and execution of Community Relations and Foundation events and programming.
- Assist with game day programming, including meet and greets, VIP game day experiences, pregame ceremonies, and in-game activations.
- Assist with the planning and execution of activities related to the Victory Gala and SKC Invitational.
- Attend and participate in monthly meetings.
- Perform essential functions with confidence.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Charismatic, outgoing and vibrant personality.
- Knowledgeable and innovative with strong problem solving skills.
- Team oriented.
- Ability to perform multifaceted projects in conjunction with daily activities.
- Professional appearance, demeanor and approach.
- Strong passion for Sporting Kansas City, the MLS, International Soccer and the Kansas City market.
- Motivated self-starter.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Passionate about nonprofit organizations.
- Strong networking skills.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or other related field required, with the ability to receive college credit.
- Prior experience working with nonprofit organizations.
- Highly involved with college campus organizations and events.
- Proven leadership abilities and skills.
- Strong knowledge of the Kansas City market.
- Social media management experience preferred.
- Driver’s License and reliable car transportation.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- Must have personal computer and access to the Internet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Required to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to fifty (50) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Will be working in various outdoor weather conditions, including frequent exposure to the sun and heat.
- Will be required to do light traveling around the Kansas City area.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?