Graphic Designer, Stadium Revenue - Sporting Kansas City (Kansas City · MO)
- Create impactful design that supports the marketing initiatives of Sporting KC’s non-soccer, revenue-generating businesses.
- Ensure that all assets consistently support brand guidelines & the creative brief.
- Develop and executes visual ideas that fully support the brand and objectives from a marketing or creative brief and is able to clearly articulate the creative vision.
- Provide design elements and technical instructions to internal and external partners as needed.
- Create assets from scratch, as well as utilize pre-existing design concepts from other designers.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships across all departments in the organization, to meet their needs for advertising, brand identification, promotional sales materials and other collateral.
- Work closely with Marketing Strategist to concept and execute creative marketing initiatives.
- Act as a brand ambassador across the organization.
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends, technology, software and/or equipment that can improve production and quality of their creative work.
- Ensure efficient, high quality and timely production of all creative assets.
- Works within project management systems and tools to track work and stakeholder feedback.
- Able to review, give and solicit feedback from other designers & stakeholders to continually raise the bar and iterate on feedback.
- Support the mission, vision and purpose of Sporting KC and its related affiliates.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Full-time associates act as representatives of Sporting Kansas City at all home matches, engaging with guests and working to create Magic Moments for all fans.
- Communicate with external vendors to ensure they are aware of any special promotions or situations taking place.
- Concept, design, and execute graphics for matchday communication channels, including traditional marketing, digital/social, email, in-venue, and others, leading up to matchday.
- Work within the matchday social strategy to create compelling visual communication for owned social channels.
- Utilize a creative approach to design compelling visual projects to differentiate Sporting KC from other competitors in the market place.
- Support retail and hospitality teams as needed.
- Develop methods to increase fan engagement and brand awareness.
- Photography skills a plus.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Creative and artistic mindset.
- Strong attention to detail and the strive for perfection.
- Excel working in a team environment.
- Comfortable handling a demanding workload and a high level of responsibility.
- Independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
- Ability to coordinate and lead multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy. Strong teamwork aptitude required.
- Self-motivated and goal-driven.
- Professional appearance and attitude, as well as ability to work with others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Marketing, Graphic Design, Art Design or other related field preferred.
- Demonstrated graphic design or creative experience.
- Professional experience working in digital and print mediums.
- Understanding of branding and marketing concepts.
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, (familiarity/proficiency in After Effects preferred, but not required).
- Experience with web design and HTML.
- Capacity to adapt to the unique and vibrant Kansas City market.
- Must be able to fluently speak, read, and write in the English language to engage with fans, guests, partners, and other Sporting Kansas City associates.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Spanish language skills a plus.
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands operate and feel objects, tools or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five (25) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Associate will be required to travel between Sporting Kansas City facilities within the Greater Kansas City Metropolitan Area.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours and matchdays, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship or VISA?
If offered the position, what are your compensation requirements?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary?
Do you have a link to your personal portfolio?