Gameday Operations Specialist - Sporting Kansas City (Kansas City · KS)
The Gameday Operations Specialist works directly with the Operations Team on Sporting Kansas City game days to assist with event and facility operations of Children’s Mercy Park. This is a part time, seasonal position that works Sporting Kansas City home games in alignment with the 2022 Major League Soccer season.
Sporting Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and equity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all associates. All associates are expected to positively collaborate with individuals of diverse backgrounds. All talented individuals looking for a challenge are encouraged to apply.
- Pay starting at $16.00 per hour.
- Eligible for performance increases each Major League Soccer season you return.
- $100 referral bonus if you refer an associate that works at least 2 matches.
- 20% retail discount on merchandise.
- Free meal provided on matchdays.
- End of season Experience Celebration party at Children’s Mercy Park.
- Sporting KC Merchandise giveaways at each home match.
● Assist the Operations Team by moving, loading and unloading equipment and supplies (including, but not limited to: tables, chairs, linens, staging, signage, stanchions).
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Professional appearance and attitude, as well as ability to work with others.
- In the process of obtaining or have already obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in Sport or Event Management preferred.
- No previous experience required.
- Responsive and dependable.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Works well in a team focused environment.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to fifty (50) pounds if necessary.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours and game days, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
Are you able to work non-traditional hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed to perform the responsibilities of the role?
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship or VISA?