Fan Services Associate - Sporting Kansas City (Kansas City · KS)
Sporting Kansas City jobs
Sports Jobs in Kansas City · KS
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Event Guest Relations
The Fan Services Associate for Sporting Kansas City ensures that guest areas are flowing safely and efficiently and assists guests in locating specific entrances and amenities of Children’s Mercy Park. This is a part-time (seasonal) position that works Sporting Kansas City home matches and other events hosted at Children's Mercy Park.
The position is to be a key contributor to the Operations team while ensuring all work is consistent with the Sporting KC brand purpose: “We create memories through personalized experiences with our Club.”
- Pay starting at $16.00 per hour.
- Eligible for performance increases each Major League Soccer season you return.
- $100 referral bonus if you refer an associate that works at least 2 matches.
- 20% retail discount on merchandise.
- Free meal provided on matchdays.
- End of season Experience Celebration party at Children’s Mercy Park.
- Sporting KC Merchandise giveaways at each home match.
Our Passion for Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Sporting Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and equity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all associates. All associates are expected to positively collaborate with individuals of diverse backgrounds. All talented individuals looking for a challenge are encouraged to apply.
- Greet guests as they enter all gates and locations for events at Children’s Mercy Park and all Sporting Club venues.
- Efficiently and quickly direct guests’ vehicles into proper parking lots, roadways, and other areas during and after any Sporting Club Event.
- Efficiently and quickly answer a guests’ questions and needs.
- Check out necessary equipment such as ticket scanners, radios, flashlights, etc. to perform key tasks.
- Enforce general policies with guests.
- Provide directional support to guests prior to, during and after an event.
- Report any known accidents, observed or suspected violations of Sporting Kansas City policy, safety hazards or any unusual occurrences to Fan Services Leader and/or Fan Services Captain.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Friendly, welcoming, and professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent customer service skills and public speaking ability.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Crowd control abilities preferred.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working in a public event venue or in a customer service role preferred.
- Reliable transportation.
- Availability to work Sporting Kansas City home matches and other stadium events.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Required to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling, and pushing.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five (25) pounds if necessary.
- Ability to work in various extreme outdoor weather conditions, including exposure to the sun and heat.
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship or VISA?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekings, and holidays as necessary?