Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Fan Services Associate with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City · KS
Sporting Kansas City jobs
Sports Jobs in Kansas City · KS
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Game Day/Event Staff
The Fan Services Associate for Sporting Kansas City ensures that guest areas are flowing safely and efficiently. In addition, the Fan Services Associate assists guests with locating specific entrances and amenities of Children’s Mercy Park, providing pertinent event information. This is a part-time (seasonal) position.
- Greet guests as they enter all gates and locations for events at Children’s Mercy Park and all Sporting Club venues.
- Efficiently and quickly direct guests’ vehicles into proper parking lots, roadways and other areas during and after any Sporting Club Event.
- Efficiently and quickly answer a guests’ questions and needs.
- Check out necessary equipment such as ticket scanners, radios, flashlights, etc. in order to perform key tasks.
- Assist guests with inquiries about Children’s Mercy Park, the surrounding Fan Services facilities and the event in a courteous manner.
- Enforce general policies with guests.
- Provide directional support to guests prior to, during and after an event, etc.
- Report any known accidents, observed or suspected violations of Sporting Kansas City policy, safety hazards or any unusual occurrence to Fan Services Leader and / or Fan Services Captain.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Friendly, welcoming and professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent customer service skills and public speaking ability.
- Passion to ensure positive experiences and ability to turn tragic moments into magic moments.
- Strong attention to detail and precision.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Crowd control abilities.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. Certificate preferred.
- Previous experience working in a public event venue or in a customer service role preferred.
- Basic technology skills.
- Reliable transportation.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 75% of all Sporting Kansas City home games and all mandatory stadium events.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Required to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five (25) pounds if necessary.
- Ability to work in various extreme outdoor weather conditions, including exposure to the sun and heat.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
(YES/NO) Do you have access to reliable transportation?
(YES/NO) Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary?