Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Facility Maintenance Technician
Sporting Kansas City
Kansas City, KS
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Facility/Venue Management
Sporting Kansas City’s Facility Maintenance Technician maintains the mechanical operation of all company buildings, as well as the general upkeep of the structure. The Facility Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintenance on HVAC, electrical, plumbing, aesthetics and cosmetics.
- Responsible for the mechanical operation of all buildings, including the corporate office, Children’s Mercy Park and Swope Soccer Village.
- Respond to work orders in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide technical and fiscal opinions and expertise in evaluating building maintenance issues and repairs, as well as collaborate with the Director of Facility Operations on cost estimates and work order resolution.
- Assist with drywall, as well as paint and help with all building additions.
- Maintain building integrity and cosmetic appearance, as well as assist in choices regarding cosmetic appearance.
- Responsible for all plumbing by repairing broken copper lines and ensuring proper pressures.
- Troubleshoot any electrical problems.
- Ensure that all buildings are up to city codes and safety levels.
- Conduct preventative maintenance of all HVAC equipment, lighting, electrical, plumbing, drywall and painting.
- Maintain logs of all equipment repairs and warranties.
- Perform repairs to equipment, as necessary.
- Conduct inventory, as well as monitor and inspect equipment as needed.
- Ensure that all associates follow standard safety precautions, and respond to any building-related safety concerns.
- Respond to all building related safety concerns.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent time management.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Dedicated and reliable.
- Practice regular and prompt attendance.
- Responsive and dependable.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. Certificate required, Associate’s Degree or higher preferred.
- Vocational or Technical school preferred.
- EPA Universal Certification preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of commercial construction or professional trade.
- Extensive training and knowledge of HVAC, electrical, plumbing and carpentry.
- Knowledge of environmental safety procedures, as well as OSHA, MSDS and EPA regulations.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
Required to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Ability to climb and balance.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to one-hundred (100) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles, as well as toxic and caustic chemicals.
- Will be working near moving mechanical parts.
- Must be aware of the risks of electrical shock.
- Associate will be required to do light local travel to Sporting Kansas City facilities.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
GAME DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that all previous repairs have been made and debris is cleared prior to gates opening.
- Inspect all light bulbs.
- Open the suite windows, as requested.
- Fix any broken stadium chairs.
- Ensure power in the stadium where needed is functioning properly.
- Assist with any issues that may arise during the game.
- Close all windows, doors and general areas when guests have left.
- Shut off water and power where it is not needed after a game.
- Stay on the radio to ensure nothing additional has been damaged or is having mechanical issues.
How did you hear about this job?
(YES/NO) Do you have access to reliable transportation?
(YES/NO) Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as necessary?