Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Executive Vice President, Marketing with Sporting Kansas City in KANSAS CITY, MO
- Serve as the executive lead of the Marketing Team, inclusive of branding, marketing, advertising, and creative, broadcast, and game presentation.
- Lead all marketing efforts and brand stewarding for Sporting Kansas City and Children’s Mercy Park.
- Oversee creative development and marketing efforts.
- Lead the development and execution of various marketing campaigns.
- Oversee the development and production of all creative materials.
- Oversee the development and execution of social media, digital and web-based marketing strategies.
- Oversee all aspects of the broadcast team, including talent, graphics package, media, and production.
- Oversee all aspects of game presentation, including videos, graphics, music, and overall run of show.
- Ensure proper usage of the Sporting Kansas City brand and marks to ensure the club and organization is represented in a proper, positive manner.
- Act as the primary marketing liaison for corporate partners, communicating regularly to share the club’s marketing plans, as well as assisting them with activation.
- Assist Executive Leadership with pitches to high-level prospects for future partnerships, as necessary.
- Responsible for the management and expenditure of funds and budgets for the Marketing Team.
- Serve as the main point of contact with Major League Soccer for all marketing and content needs.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- High stamina and the ability to handle pressure.
- Exceptional time management.
- Remarkable leadership and collaboration skills.
- Possess a confident, tact and persuasive manner with strong networking and negotiation skills
- Strategic thinking ability.
- Creative, artistic mindset while striving for perfection.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Business or other related field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of marketing experience, including progressing leadership roles.
- Prior experience working in the sports industry preferred.
- Demonstrated successful experience in brand strategy, marketing, advertising, copywriting, design and client services.
- Strong understanding of marketing strategy and principles of art direction.
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite, including, but not limited to, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to fifty (50) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye, including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Associate may be required to travel.
- Capable of working in various outdoor weather conditions, including exposure to the sun and heat.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Oversee game presentation, broadcast, video presentation, & social media platform campaigns throughout all Sporting Kansas City home games.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have prior executive marketing experience in the Sports industry? If so, please elaborate on your relevant experience.
(YES/NO) Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as necessary?