Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Event Sales & Experience Intern with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City · KS
Sporting Kansas City’s Event Sales and Experience Intern holds a temporary position within the company, with an emphasis on educational training and gathering practical experience in their field of specialization for a professional sports organization. The Intern will gain valuable experience working with the Sales and Experience Team, collaborating in an environment full of learning opportunities designed to help all interns evolve their capabilities, challenge their strengths, and reach their fullest potential.
- Research and compile a list of prospects for events and City Foods. This list will establish new event relationships with local and national clients through cold calling and grassroots marketing.
- Create client Banquet Event Orders and Manage client accounts with Gather, Kore and other event management software.
- Learn all aspects of event spaces and be able to speak knowledgeably to potential clients to facilitate site visits.
- Learn and implement the sales process from prospecting and qualifying leads, perform sales calls, conduct site visits, and create BEO’s.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City, City Foods and Sporting Club Events organization on match day and at other various on and off-site events (including weekdays, weeknights and weekends).
- Assist with building the tour program for group and public tours.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Demonstrate high levels of leadership, confidence and innovation.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with exceptional time management.
- Strong networking skills.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and imaginative.
- Professional demeanor and self-motivating personality, eager to succeed and assist in increasing revenue.
Skills and Experience
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree or graduate degree in Sports Marketing and Management, Hospitality Management, Business, Communications or other related field required.
- Previous coursework or desire to learn and understand the application of effective selling strategies and techniques.
- Awareness of sports industry development.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have access to reliable personal transportation?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary?
Are you able to receive college or university credit for this internship opportunity?
Do you have any experience using Social Tables, Kore, Gather or any other event management software?
How many hours do you need to complete to receive college credit?
Are you able to start your internship on or around May 26, 2020?
Why do you want to join Sporting Kansas City?
Why are you the best candidate for this internship?