Director, Stadium Operations - Sporting Kansas City (Kansas City · KS)
- Plan, develop and supervise large-scale events such as Sporting Kansas City matches, concerts & third-party events held on the stadium grounds through effective communication and planning with both internal and external resources, partners, and vendors.
- Serve as the Operations Department liaison to the Major League Soccer Operations Department including keeping current on League operational guidelines and communicating those standards to the appropriate team departments.
- Assist the Vice President, Operations in the process of vetting and bidding for potential future events.
- Manage the workload and development of direct reports leading to consistent practices across all events.
- Collaborate with department heads to ensure a high level of communication well in advance of events.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the annual Operations Department budget.
- Consistently inspect the facilities for anything that could potentially be unsafe or cause a problem.
- Stay current with industry best practices and recommend modifications to Operational plans based on feasibility.
- Maintain a high operational efficiency while always working to further enhance the overall fan experience.
- Utilize company resources to plan and direct appropriate training programs to all associates as needed.
- Support Sporting Kansas City’s mission, vision, and purpose.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Full-time associates act as representatives of Sporting Kansas City at all home matches, engaging with guests and working to create Magic Moments for all fans.
- Distribute necessary event communications as necessary to internal and external partners.
- Maintain constant communication with Game Presentation Team to ensure League compliance is achieved and documented.
- Meet with the Operations Team to discuss the building and activity.
- Act as primary point of contact for back-of house operations including locker rooms, player movements, etc.
- Compile necessary reports and video footage to prepare a report for the MLS.
- Maintain consistent communication with the Vice President of Operations about all aspects of the building and event.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
- Ability to coordinate and lead multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy. Strong teamwork aptitude required.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive, confidential situations and information.
- Exceptional time-management.
- Remarkable leadership and motivational skills.
- Self-motivated and goal-driven.
- Professional appearance and attitude, as well as ability to work with others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Venue Management, Sports Management, Sports Leadership, or other related field required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of increasing event operations responsibility in a stadium or public assembly facility including supervisory responsibility.
- Experience working in stadium atmosphere for various types of events and layouts including soccer, concerts, football, etc. required.
- Prior budgetary oversight for Operational, Event Settlement and Payroll expenses required.
- Must possess or be eligible to obtain certificates of completion in ICS 100, 200, & 700.
- Proficiency in Incident Management Systems preferred.
- Experience analyzing stadium event budgets for the bidding process required.
- Trained in Crowd Management.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a current AED/CPR/First Aid Certificate.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands operate and feel objects, tools or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to one-hundred (100) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Capable of working in outdoor weather conditions, including exposure to the sun and heat.
- Will be working near moving mechanical parts.
- Will be working in a loud work environment.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours and game days, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
Why do you want to join Sporting Kansas City?
Describe why you are the best candidate for this position.
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including evening, weekends, and holidays as needed?
What are you compensation requirements if offered the position?