Director, Corporate Partnership Sales with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City · MO
- Report to the Vice President, Corporate Partnerships to effectively and strategically enhance Sporting Kansas City’s corporate partner base.
- Generate revenue across the Sporting Club portfolio with primary focus on Sporting Kansas City, the region’s premier Major League Soccer professional sports franchise.
- Consistently exceed daily call and appointment targets while using traditional and innovative interpersonal communication tactics as well as ensure the New Business Team meets their weekly/monthly/yearly activity and outreach goals.
- Help transform the standard sponsorship approach into a multi-platform solution for partners.
- Meet and exceed yearly corporate partnership sales targets set by the Leadership Team.
- Lead and manage the New Business Team across all aspects of the sales process and associated responsibilities for both individual revenue goal and New Business Team revenue goal.
- Network with local, regional, and national organizations to create authentic and mutual beneficial corporate partnerships.
- Maintain and continually grow the company’s prospective partner pipeline with ensuring the New Business Team is also accomplishing the prospective partner pipeline goals.
- Build relationships with prospects’ gatekeepers and key company decision-makers, as well as internally with each Sporting Club group.
- Create, track and maintain all proposals for prospective clients, detailing the progress of the sales process individually and for the New Business Team.
- Compile, report, enter, collect, forecast and track accurate account elements, billing fulfillment and contract information, as well as reports pertaining to proposals, contracts, budgets and other account details into KORE/Salesforce, both individually and while holding the New Business Team accountable for complete accuracy.
- Prepare documents as needed, including expense reports, account budgets, memos, letters, contracts, spreadsheets, etc.
- Support Sporting Kansas City’s mission, vision and purpose.
- Mentor the New Business Team, junior associates and seasonal interns.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Meet with clients and host partner representatives.
- Conduct pre-game walk-through of the suites, concourse and club spaces to ensure activation.
- Assist with oversight of suite levels at Children’s Mercy Park.
- Assist with gameday partner promotions when needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
- Ability to coordinate and lead multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy. Strong teamwork aptitude required.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive, confidential situations and information.
- Self-motivated and goal-driven.
- Professional appearance and attitude, as well as ability to work with others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sports Management, Marketing or other related field preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of professional sales experience, preferably in the sports industry.
- Extensive corporate partnership, digital and media sales experience preferred.
- Possess an extensive regional and national contact list.
- Capacity to adapt to the unique and vibrant Kansas City market.
- Fluency to read, write, and speak the English langague.
- Spanish language fluency preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, Digideck, and KORE/Salesforce, and HookIt.
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five (25) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Associate will be required to travel.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours and game days, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
Candidates being interviewed will be required to create a candidate profile and apply through the Sporting Kansas City careers page.
Sporting Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourgae all talented individuals looking for a challenge to apply.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have access to reliable transportation?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary?
Why are you the best candidate for this position?
Why do you want to join Sporting Kansas City?
Are you authorized to legally work and be paid in the Unites States of America?
Do you have three (3) to five (5) years of professional sales experience in the sports industry?