Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Corporate Partnership Sales & Activations Intern with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City, MO
- Ensure that all facets of assigned sponsorship accounts are given service with professionalism, attention to detail and a customized client focus.
- Serve as the point of contact for current partners, renewals and prospects.
- Utilize client objectives and goals to develop and research promotional platforms and partnership strategies.
- Create, track, develop and maintain all proposals, research, contracts and wrap-up books following processes and guidelines set forth by the Corporate Partnerships Team.
- Compile, report, enter, collect, forecast and track accurate account elements, billing, fulfillment and contact information, as well as reports pertaining to proposals, contracts, budgets and other account details.
- Greet, support and serve current and potential clients daily and at Sporting Kansas City games.
- Assist, support and coordinate with internal teams in regards to all aspects of promoting and managing all Sporting Club Franchise properties and other responsibilities, such as special projects and planning.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and the Sporting Club organization on game day and at other various out-of-office promotional events.
- Provide assistance in the office with any partner day-to-day responsibilities.
- Responsible for game day setup and takedown of activation elements.
- Complete the pre-game staging of partner giveaways and collateral.
- Assist with the distribution of sponsor deliverables pre and post-game.
- Assist with the execution of Sporting Kansas City’s halftime production.
- Setup and breakdown occasional outside events.
- Assist with outside player and market appearances.
- Create new business opportunities through connecting with prospective clients.
- Take ownership and/or lead on designated projects and programs for both activation and sales.
- Learn and implement the sales process from introduction to closure, including the following: prospect research, securing the meeting, conducting the pitch, follow-up strategies, finalizing terms and signed contract.
- Perform various game day duties with the Corporate Partnerships Team.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Professional demeanor and self-motivating personality, eager to succeed and increase revenue.
- Demonstrate high levels of leadership, confidence and innovation.
- High stamina and ability to handle pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with exceptional time management.
- Strong networking skills.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and imaginative.
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree or graduate degree in Sports Marketing and Management, Business, Communications or other related field required.
- Previous coursework or desire to learn and understand the application of effective corporate partnerships activation, as well as selling strategies and techniques.
- Awareness of sports industry development.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- Required to sit for long periods of time with occasional standing and walking.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently with the Sales Team and potential clients.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five (25) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
(YES/NO) This is an unpaid, educational internship opportunity. You must be able to receive credit from an accredited college/university for this internship. Do you meet this criteria?
(YES/NO) Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary?
(YES/NO) Do you have access to reliable transportation?
Why are you the best candidate for this internship?