Coordinator, Youth Soccer Communications - Sporting Kansas City (Kansas City · MO)
Our Passion for Diveristy, Equity & Inclusion
- Implement communication strategies and best practices across SKC Youth Soccer’s communication channels, including email, web, social media and digital design
- Create content for various digital & social media channels utilized to communicate SKC Youth Soccer initiatives & opportunities to key youth soccer partners, as well as the general community.
- Build email lists for email marketing sends
- Plan marketing calendars, messaging, and content
- Achieve branding objectives, ensuring creative and copy reflect Sporting Kansas City brand standards
- Design marketing collateral to effectively market SKC Youth Soccer programs
- Serve as a point of contact for SKC Youth Soccer communication efforts
- Create content for SKC Youth Soccer internal and external partners
- Attend all Sporting Kansas City home games, as well as non-soccer related events.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Full-time associates act as representatives of Sporting Kansas City at all home matches, engaging with guests and working to create Magic Moments for all fans.
- Strong organizational, communications, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Outstanding critical thinking skills and ability to effectively address and solve industry challenges.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships internally and externally.
- Highly driven self-starter, with the ability to work independently and prioritize daily tasks
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential situations and information.
- Exceptional attention to detail, and talent for accuracy and precision.
- Professional appearance and attitude, as well as the ability to work with others.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sports management, communications, marketing or another related field required.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of communications & marketing experience, preferably in the sports industry.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat & Dreamweaver.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Clear understanding of how to maximize the impact of digital and social media.
- Proficient and hands-on experience working with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and WordPress or comparable content management systems.
- Fluency to speak, read, and write in the English language.
- Spanish language fluency preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Calendar.
- Soccer knowledge and skills, including: coaching licenses and/or playing experience preferred.
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands to use and feel objects, tools or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five (25) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours and game days, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship or VISA?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed to perform the responsibilities of the role?
If offered the position, what are your compensation requirements?