Coordinator, Youth Programs with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City · MO
- Administrative and coaching support at all youth programs
- Lead in cooperation with the overall strategy and philosophy of play for all youth programs
- Ensure proper instruction for children based on their specific program.
- Collaborate on camp budget.
- Responsible for quality control on programs, on and off the field.
- Provide exceptional customer service to program clients.
- Assist in setting the year-long calendar by planning locations, dates, and costs of programs.
- Assist in the creation of new programs and initiatives.
- Assist in creation of a marketing plan for the youth programs; digital and in-person.
- Hire and train new coaches for youth programs.
- Engage with contractors working at all camps, communicate responsibilities and manage gear.
- Assist in planning and developing a curriculum for all programs (ages +) that is in-line with “Playing the Sporting Way.”
- Manage the SportsEngine registration platform.
- Assist and lend support to a variety of tournaments hosted by Sporting Kansas City.
- Support Sporting Kansas City’s mission, vision and purpose.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Full-time associates act as representatives of Sporting Kansas City at all home matches, engaging with guests and working to create Magic Moments for all fans.
- Support Youth Soccer initiatives and brand engagements.
- Communicate with external vendors to ensure they are aware of any special promotions or situations taking place.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Ability to multitask and work effectively with exceptional time management skills.
- Remarkable leadership and motivational skills.
- Passion for the game of soccer.
- Independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
- Ability to coordinate and lead multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Flexible and able to work in a team environment.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive, confidential situations and information.
- Detail-oriented and organized approach.
- Self-motivated and self-starter mindset with strong negotiation skills.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Professional appearance and attitude, as well as ability to work with others.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sports management, marketing or other related field required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of soccer coaching experience.
- Capacity to adapt to the unique and vibrant Kansas City market.
- Strong soccer knowledge and demonstrated skills, coaching licenses and/or playing experience required.
- General knowledge of the Kansas City youth soccer community preferred.
- Must be able to fluently speak, read, and write in the English language.
- Spanish language fluency preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands operate and feel objects, tools or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to fifty (50) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Associate may be required to travel.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours and game days, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
Are you currently authorized to work in the United States?
Why do you want to join Sporting Kansas City?
What makes you the best candidate for this position?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed?
If offered the job, what are your compensation requirements to accept the position?
Describe your soccer coaching experience.