Coordinator, Sport Facility Programming - Sporting Kansas City (Kansas City · MO)
The position is to be a key contributor to the Operations team while ensuring all work is consistent with the Sporting KC brand purpose: “We create memories through personalized experiences with our Club.”
Sporting Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and equity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all associates. All associates are expected to positively collaborate with individuals of diverse backgrounds. All talented individuals looking for a challenge are encouraged to apply.
- Schedule all activities for the master calendar (from both internal and external requests). Including but not limited to practices, leagues, and tournaments.
- Liaison and first point of contact for all renters across Sporting Fields + Athletics’ facilities.
- Conduct administrative duties for all bookings. Contract execution, invoicing, and communication.
- Assist in driving new business as well as maintain and grow current Sporting Fields + Athletics relationships.
- Assist in managing budgets which includes revenue, expenses, and contracts.
- Foster and manage relationships with athletic organizations locally and throughout the Midwest.
- Communicates regularly with staff, providing detailed reports as requested.
- Select, create, and maintain relationship with preferred scheduling software company.
- Coordinate with operations team to ensure proper preparation of facilities for internal and external rentals and events to maximize revenue and profitability.
- Communicate and plan effectively with both internal and external resources, partners, and vendors.
- Assist in building bid-to-host packages for all sports at all facilities.
- Stay current with industry best practices and recommend modifications to business plans based on feasibility.
- Represent Sporting Fields + Athletics and Sporting KC in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Full-time associates act as representatives of Sporting Kansas City at all home matches, engaging with guests and working to create Magic Moments for all fans.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Energetic with positive attitude.
- Ability to interpret and enforce policy, procedures and data.
- Ablity to thrive in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills.
- Remarkable organizational skills.
- Excellent multitasking abilities.
- Strong attention to detail and precision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Venue Management, Sports Management, Sports Leadership, or other related field required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of increasing Operations responsibility in a stadium or public assembly facility including supervisory responsibility.
- Experience working in a stadium atmosphere for various types of events and layouts including soccer matches, concerts, football, etc. required.
- Prior budgetary oversight for operational and payroll expenses preferred.
- Proficiency in incident management systems preferred.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a current AED/CPR/First Aid Certificate.
- Must be able to fluently speak and write in the English language to effectlivly communicate with other associates, fans, and clients.
- Spanish language fluency preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands operate and feel objects, tools or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five (25) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Associate will be required to travel between Sporting Kansas City facilities within the Greater Kansas City Metropolitan Area.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours and game days, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
Are you able to work non-traditional work hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary?
Are you currently authorized work and be paid in the United States of America without corporate sponsorship?
Do you have access to reliable transportation?
Why do you want to join Sporting Kansas City?
Why are you the best candidate for this position?
If offered the position, what are your compensation requirements to consider joining our team?