Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Concessions Revenue & Operations Manager with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City · MO
The Sporting KC Concessions Revenue & Operations is responsible for daily contact with clients, associates and fans while overseeing all concessions sales and processes. This position reports directly to the Director of Food Experience.
- Effectively and profitably plan service, sales and execution for areas and affiliate venues.
- Work with the staffing coordinator to recruit, train, and manage all concessions game day associates.
- Plans and schedules game day associates as a percentage to revenue to ensure appropriate staffing levels.
- Manage payroll to keep labor below budgeted amount for all events.
- Collaborate with marketing team, plan promotional calendar and all in stadium marketing assets.
- Lead social media storytelling initiative for the concessions team, highlight key items and stimulate demand.
- Continually drive strategic and innovative initiatives to caper revenue and drive sales.
- Develops plans and executes sales contests and incentives for game day associates.
- Effectively and profitably manage all aspects of the concession’s sales process.
- Multitask, delegate and prioritize duties and responsibilities in fast paced environment.
- Help the team achieve overall concessions revenue goals.
- Utilize resources, systems and programs in place to manage the sales process.
- Develop a culture that is inclusive to the style of service SKC strives towards.
- Drive fan loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each fans experience.
- Grow relationships and ensure proper communication with all subcontractors and non-profit organizations.
- Promote and maintain a positive work climate, maximizing productivity and morale.
- Assist operations manager in enforcing standards for service, sanitation, product and food quality.
- Recruit and train hourly staff, supervisors, and non-profit volunteer groups.
- Create and enforce best practices throughout operation.
- Travel to support supervise and manage facilities outside of primary location.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City as the Concessions Sales Manager.
- Manage game day associates, subcontractors and NPO’s on concessions levels and premium areas.
- Responsible for disseminating information to all staff in all locations in preparation for operation.
- In charge of all aspects of food and beverage execution and fan experiences in concession areas.
- Control aspects off the sales process, setup, flow, offerings, breakdown, closing.
- Promote gameday concessions special; menus, promotions and programs.
- Build relationships with internal associates, fans and potential clients.
- Implement beverage and wine program to maximize revenue and adhere to alcohol compliance.
- Assist with proper controls of cash handling, inventory, stand sheets and balancing end of shift reports.
- Assist with product requisitions to execute Match Day concessions pars and restocks.
- Assist in the setup, execution, and breakdown of stands, portables and premium areas for all events.
- Work closely with the Culinary Team to report feedback to enhance the guest experience and drive sales.
- Work hand in hand with concessions Operations manager to conquer and divide game day operations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned, to ensure workload coverage.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Exceptional customer relationship management skills.
- Independent judgement to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
- Ability to demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy. Strong teamwork attitude required.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive, confidential situations and information.
- Self-motivated and goal-driven.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Minimum of two (2) years high volume concessions or food service supervisor/management experience.
- Strong management and delegation skills.
- Capacity to adapt to the unique and vibrant Kansas City market.
- Spanish language fluency preferred.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five (25) pounds if necessary.
- Reach with hands and arms.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have access to reliable, personal transportation?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary?
Why do you want to join Sporting Kansas City?
Describe why you are the best candidate for this position.