Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Coach, Sporting Stripes
- Lead in cooperation with the overall strategy and philosophy of play for children ages two to five years old, typically in groups of 10 children per class.
- Ensure proper instruction for children based on their specific program, such as Parent-Child Programs (ages 2-3), Beginner Programs (ages 3-4), and Pre-Recreational Programs (ages 4-5).
- Lead and assist with 50-minute training sessions that are both fun and engaging.
- Take a child-centered approach in coaching children how to enjoy the game of soccer at its earliest foundation.
- Emphasize and promote the importance of active and healthy lifestyles.
- Encourage, by example and through instruction, sportsmanlike conduct in all phases of athletic participation.
- Nurture individual and team play based on the Sporting Stripes 2-5y curriculum and model of play.
- Oversee all equipment inventory, care and systematic return at the finish of classes.
- Maintain professional relationships with parents, instructors, players and sponsors.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Passionate about the game of soccer.
- Knowledge of coaching techniques.
- Positive attitude.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Outgoing, energetic and enthusiastic.
- Creativity in regards to training sessions by keeping children and players engaged and eager to play.
- Practice and promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Student or graduate or experience in Early Childhood Education preferred.
- Passion and commitment to child and athlete development.
- Proven effective leadership, communication and coaching skills, prior experience with early childhood coaching and/or teaching preferred.
- Possess the knowledge and experience gained from playing soccer or working in early childhood.
- Proven record in following curriculums and directives.
- Passion for the game of soccer and Sporting Kansas City team and organization.
- Required to sit, stand, walk and run.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequent stooping, diving, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag approximately fifty (50) pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Role will be performed both indoors and outdoors in various weather conditions, including exposure to the sun and heat.
- Ability to work at one or more of the following locations: The Soccer Lot, Roeland Park Sports Dome, Z Sports, Teamwork Sports KC, Tomahawk Community Center.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have access to reliable transportation?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary?
This understand that this is a part-time, contracted position.