Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Catering Sales Manager with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City · KS
- Responsible for proactively soliciting and managing catering sales related opportunities with significant revenue potential.
- Maintain a book of business consisting of repeat and new prospects.
- Conduct site visits and present customized estimates, presentation decks and packets for prospective guests, planners and secure license agreements for each event.
- Exhibit industry knowledge of event trends, publications and actively network and participate in industry related organizations.
- Responsible for cultivating guest satisfaction and trust through clear and consistent communication via, phone calls, emails and site visits.
- Craft and distribute detailed Banquet Event Orders to communicate expectations, timing, and location of the event to all departments to facilitate efficient set up, cleaning, purchasing, staffing and culinary preparation.
- Seek guest feedback and surveys to evaluate guest experience and secure repeat business.
- Prepare and review final billing and invoicing in order to collect payments and record revenue in a timely manner.
- Active in department budgeting, forecasting, as well as developing selling & negotiation strategies; contract preparation, and overall best sales practices.
- Takes an active role in the recording and managing event financials and profitability.
- Develops a culture that is inclusive to the style of service SKC strives towards.
- Works on special projects as assigned by Director of Events.
- Possesses a strong food and beverage knowledge and industry trends.
- Supports all Pre-Match private events and tailgates
- Provides support for all Hospitality/Premium Areas
- Gives Match Day tours to new business and prospective guests
- Finds ways to surprise and delight guests with special celebrations
- Greets and connects with premium guests and suite holders
- Assists hospitality, concessions and culinary team on match execution
- Thorough knowledge of sales techniques including strong closing skills as well as negotiating skills.
- Must be able to successfully follow the sales process and revenue management in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of stadium features, benefits and competing venues within the market.
- Effective professional, organizational, communications and interpersonal skills with guests, vendors and part time staff.
- Ability to organize, work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Exceptional customer relationship management skills.
- Independent judgement to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
- Ability to coordinate and lead multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy. Strong teamwork attitude required
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive, confidential situations and information
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Requires availability on weekends and / or holidays, possibly evenings; ability to travel required on occasion.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business, sports management, marketing or another related field required.
- Minimum of two (2) to five (5) years in the hospitality field with specific experience in catering sales.
- Strong management and delegation skills.
- Capacity to adapt to the unique and vibrant Kansas City market.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- CRM and Gather knowledge preferred.
- Required to sit, stand and walk
- Use hands to use and feel objects, tools or controls
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five (25) pounds if necessary
- Reach with hands and arms
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have access to reliable personal transportation?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary?
Do you have catering or event sales experience?
Why do you want to join Sporting Kansas City?
Describe why you are the best candidate for this position.