Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Box Office Associate (Gameday) with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City · KS
- Manage information being sent and posted through ticketing system.
- Act as a liaison between Children’s Mercy Park Associates and clients.
- Relay box office related event information to ticket holders.
- Responsible for the collection of ticket monies.
- Comprehend and make inferences from written sales material.
- Assist with will call for all Children’s Mercy Park events, ensuring compliance to all relevant ticketing laws.
- Assist with the management of customer service as it relates to both internal and external clients.
- Exercise confidentiality and integrity upon handling personal and financial customer information.
- Represent Blue Roof Entertainment and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Friendly, welcoming and professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent customer service skills and public speaking ability.
- Strong attention to detail and precision.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Passionate about sports, particularly the game of soccer.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. Certificate preferred.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Previous experience working in a public event venue or in a customer service role preferred.
- Experience with ticketing software preferred.
- Basic technology skills.
- Communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Perform basic arithmetic calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) manually or through the use of a calculator.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Required to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five (25) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye, including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus as necessary.
- Ability to work in various extreme outdoor weather conditions, including exposure to the sun and heat.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
GAME DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clock-in/out and sign-in/out.
- Hold position at the box office before and during each game.
- Sell tickets to clients.
- Provide excellent customer service to all fans.
- Handle will call requests.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
(YES/NO) Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as necessary?
(YES/NO) Do you have access to reliable transportation?
(YES/NO) Do you have experience in a box office setting?