AV Systems Coordinator - Sporting Kansas City (Kansas City · KS)
Sporting Kansas City Jobs
Sports Jobs in Kansas City · KS
Technical Services: Production
The A/V Systems Coordinator for Sporting Kansas City oversees the audio/visual needs for all events held at Children’s Mercy Park, Compass Minerals National Performance Center, and other satellite facilities. Additionally, this role is responsible for the maintenance and operation of all assets associated with those needs including, but not limited to, the videoboards, IPTV systems, audio systems, and end-user interfaces.
This position is to be a key contributor to the Operations Teams while ensuring all work is consistent with the Sporting KC brand purpose: “We create memories through personalized experiences with our Club.”
Sporting Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and equity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all associates. All associates are expected to positively collaborate with individuals of diverse backgrounds. We encourage all talented individuals looking for a challenge to apply.
- Oversee the onsite audio/visual for all Sporting Club Events held at Children’s Mercy Park and satellite facilities.
- Set up, troubleshoot, and maintain the LED field board and fascia board systems.
- Remain in constant communication with the Events Manager on the status of the audio/visual needs of upcoming events.
- Assist with the scheduling of part-time associates for events and matches
- Primary point of contact for in-house IPTV system (Cisco Vision)
- Maintain, set up, strike, and inventory audio/visual equipment including, but not limited to microphones, amplifiers, projectors, speakers, monitors and cables.
- Work with the Corporate Partnership department to ensure that partners’ graphics are up to date and that there are no issues with the playlists for upcoming games.
- Build playlists on the Tessera system based on fascia and league-approved field board schematics.
- Collaborate with the Director of A/V and Stadium Systems to ensure that the information on each game’s technical sheet is accurate.
- Assist the Match Presentation department with the updating and uploading of graphics for the video boards, as necessary.
- Work with outside vendors for periodic repair, preventative maintenance, and operation of audio/visual equipment and systems.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
Match Day Responsibilities
- Inspect the LED field boards throughout for any issues and troubleshoot if necessary.
- Set up and test the National Anthem wireless microphone.
- Meet with electricians to discuss any potential issues with the video boards.
- Review the match’s pregame script with the Tessera operator to ensure proper content is displayed on the LED boards.
- Work with game day engineers to ensure that necessary audio patches are connected correctly for the day.
- Work with match day staff to ensure that all AV needs are met within premium areas and the stadium plaza including the postgame press conference.
- Set up the league bench recording microphones pregame and strike post-game.
- Serve as club contact for the League’s Technology Representative. Coordinate the setup of the Video Assistant Referee on-field location.
- Program and operate the Cisco Vision IPTV System.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Ability to multitask with exceptional time-management skills.
- Ability to learn modern technologies as they evolve.
- Professional appearance and demeanor, as well as a friendly personality.
- Thrive in an environment that requires one to constantly adapt to new situations.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent venue / event experience preferred.
- Experience working in a live event atmosphere required.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Experience in Ross systems such as Tessera, Xpression and switchers preferred
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a current Forklift Operator Certificate.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Calendar.