Athletic Trainer Fellow - Sporting Kansas City (Kansas City · MO)
Sporting Kansas City is seeking to hire a certified athletic trainer for a paid fellowship position for the 2021 – 2022 season. This position is intended for professional development and is focused on furthering knowledge and skills in the field of athletic training. The individual will take an active role in all phases of the sports medicine program and will assist the Sporting KC sports medicine and performance staffs in the running of their departments and the daily operation of their jobs. He or she is expected to act in a professional manner at all times while representing Sporting KC. This entry level position is available immediately.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job.
- Perform as a certified athletic trainer in assisting in the management of the health care of the Sporting athletes. Health care includes, but is not limited to: first aid/emergency care, on-site injury evaluation, application of appropriate modalities, assisting in rehabilitation and prevention programs, pre- and post-training treatments, taping athletes
- Works under the direction and supervision of the Sporting KC medical/performance staff; he or she reports directly to the Director of Sports Medicine
- Helps maintain a complete up to date roster of player health and participation records
- Maintain medical supplies inventory
- Assist in documentation and filing medical information
- Assist in packing medical bags for away trips
- Keep the athletic training room clean, organized, and safe
- Assist in coverage of Sporting KC, Sporting KC II, and Sporting Academy practices/games (as required for SKCII and SKCA)
- Comply with all Sporting KC, Swope Park and US Soccer medical policies and protocols
- Comply with OSHA standards with regards to blood borne pathogens
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
- Some travel may be assigned as required
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Possess a strong work ethic
- Must be punctual and accountable every day
- Must be trustworthy and have a positive attitude
- Ability to work well within the group environment
- The ability to multitask and complete multiple jobs at once
- The ability to remain calm during stressful or complicated situations
- Willingness to learn from a wide variety of medical professionals
- Demonstrate ability to relate effectively with individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds and project a professional attitude
- Proactive and able to function independently
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills, have attention to detail, show initiative, and possess leadership characteristics
- Ability to communicate with medical, performance, technical, equipment, and administration staff
- Requires weekend and holiday work, 40+ hours/week, and exposure to all kinds of weather
- A work history of regular attendance and positive performance evaluation
- Proficiency in Spanish and coverage of soccer is preferred
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Athletic Training curriculum from a CAATE accredited school
- NATABOC Certified Athletic Trainer
- Kansas/Missouri ATC State Licensure Required
- Current Professional CPR/AED Certification
- Possess personal professional liability insurance
- Valid driver’s license /reliable transportation required
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed to perform the functions of the role?
Why do you want to join Sporting Kansas City?
Why are you the best candidate for this position?
Are you a NATABOC Certified Athletic Trainer?
Do you have a current Professional CPR/AED Certification?