Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Assistant Groundskeeper with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City, MO
Sporting Kansas City jobs
Sports Jobs in Kansas City, MO
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Grounds Crew/Turf Management
The Sporting Kansas City Assistant Groundskeeper is responsible for assisting the Director of Turf Operations in day-to-day maintenance of field and grounds, supervision of grounds maintenance staff, and training employees in equipment operation (hands-on training) at Children’s Mercy Park.
- Set up and assign staff to daily grounds maintenance schedule, training, games, and events.
- Supervise groundskeepers and part-time associates.
- Make recommendations in staffing (discipline, hiring, terminations, performance reviews).
- Train grounds maintenance associates (hands-on direction, equipment operation, and all aspects of grounds maintenance).
- Act as Field Manager when Turf Operations Manager is absent.
- Supervise, order, and apply fertilizer and pesticide treatments as needed.
- Oversee and maintain irrigation systems
- Ensure equipment is clean, operational, and maintained in proper order and fashion.
- Ensure all tools and equipment is returned to their designated.
- Check out with supervisor before leaving scheduled or unscheduled shift.
- Attend role call and mandatory departmental meetings.
- Be able to perform all duties of everyone under their supervision.
- Demonstrate values and behaviors consistent with the Sporting Kansas City culture.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
Game Day Responsibilities
- Attend all Sporting Kansas City home matches at Children's Mercy Park.
- Perform all groundskeeping duties as assigned to ensure worklaod coverage.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills, as well as sound written and verbal presentation.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot problems.
- Interpret policy, procedures and data.
- Excellent multitasking abilities while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
Skills and Experience
- Must have a college degree or be degree seeking
- Four Years minimum golf or grounds keeping/maintenance experience
- Must be able to identify turf deficiencies and pest problems
- Possess a restricted pesticide application license (90 days) Kansas or Missouri
- Understand the fundamentals of the game of soccer and how the practices of field maintenance affect the gamer of soccer
- Be able to speak, read, and understand the English language.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to fifty (50) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye, including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Capable of working in various outdoor weather conditions, including exposure to the sun and heat.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Whay are you the best candidate for this position?
What are your compensation requirements?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary?