Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
2018 Summer Internship - Event Sales
- Establish new event relationships with local and national clients through cold calling and grassroots marketing.
- Meet established revenue goals by developing and implementing an event sales strategy that retains existing clients, grows partner related business and closes new business.
- Project sales and establish sales goals.
- Maintain and continually improve upon client satisfaction to create client loyalty, as well as deliver a positive and memorable event experience by regularly meeting with clients and potential clients, conducting stadium tours and providing accurate and timely information to clients.
- Prepare event proposals and direct negotiations.
- Work in conjunction with Legends Hospitality on all catering needs.
- Responsible for executing events on site.
- Oversee marketing and event social media programs that target new and existing business.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Self-motivating personality, eager to succeed and increase revenue.
- Demonstrate high levels of leadership, confidence and innovation.
- High stamina and ability to handle pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with exceptional time management.
- Strong networking skills.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and imaginative.
- Flexible and able to work in a time environment.
- Professional appearance, demeanor and approach.
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Hospitality, Sales, Business, Marketing, Communication or other related field required, with the ability to receive college credit.
- Previous coursework or desire to learn and understand the application of effective selling strategies and techniques.
- Prior experience with event production and sales preferred.
- Experience in a customer service role preferred.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service, including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for service and evaluating customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to fifty (50) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- May be working near moving mechanical parts.
- Associate may be required to travel to meet with clients or potential clients.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
How did you hear about this job?
This is an educational, unpaid internship. Are you able to receive college credit for this internship opportunity?
What is your pending degree or field of study?
(YES/NO) Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as necessary?
(YES/NO) Do you have access to reliable transportation?