Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
2018 Summer Internship - Corporate Partnership Sales
Sporting Kansas City’s Corporate Partnership Sales Intern will hold a temporary position within the company, with an emphasis on training and gathering practical experience in corporate partnership sales and service operations for a professional sports organization. The Corporate Partnership Sales Intern will gain hands-on experience working with the Corporate Partnerships Team, collaborating in an environment full of learning opportunities designed to help all interns evolve their capabilities, challenge their strengths and reach their fullest potential.
- Ensure that all facets of assigned sponsorship accounts are given service with professionalism, attention to detail and a customized client focus.
- Serve as the point of contact for current partners, renewals and prospects.
- Utilize client objectives and goals to develop and research promotional platforms and partnership strategies.
- Create, track, develop and maintain all proposals, research, contracts and wrap-up books following processes and guidelines set forth by the Corporate Partnerships Team.
- Compile, report, enter, collect, forecast and track accurate account elements, billing, fulfillment and contact information, as well as reports pertaining to proposals, contracts, budgets and other account details.
- Greet, support and serve current and potential clients daily and at Sporting Kansas City games.
- Assist, support and coordinate with internal teams in regards to all aspects of promoting and managing all Sporting Club Franchise properties and other responsibilities, such as special projects and planning.
- Create new business opportunities through connecting with prospective clients.
- Take ownership and/or lead on designated projects and programs for both activation and sales.
- Learn and implement the sales process from introduction to closure, including the following: prospect research, securing the meeting, conducting the pitch, follow-up strategies, finalizing terms and signed contract.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and the Sporting Club organization on game day and at other various out-of-office promotional events.
- Perform various game day duties with the Corporate Partnerships Team.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Professional demeanor and self-motivating personality, eager to succeed and increase revenue.
- Demonstrate high levels of leadership, confidence and innovation.
- High stamina and ability to handle pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with exceptional time management.
- Strong networking skills.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and imaginative.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree or graduate degree in Sports Marketing and Management, Business, Communications or other related field required.
- Previous coursework or desire to learn and understand the application of effective corporate partnerships activation, as well as selling strategies and techniques.
- Awareness of sports industry development.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Required to sit for long periods of time with occasional standing and walking.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently with the Sales Team and potential clients.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five (25) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have access to reliable transportation?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary?
This is an educational, unpaid internship. Are you able to receive college credit for this internship?
Please describe how you stand apart from your peers in the areas of leadership, confidence, and innovation.